Are Christians harmless?

by gumby 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Say, LT, how's about we kick this one along and make it a "hot topic", eh??

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Morning Ozzie (or should I say evening )

Which way do you want to take it?
    More "Young People Ask" style titles, or genuine disingenuous replies?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

That one is a another personal favourite

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Blessed are the bewildered

- for they won't notice !

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Blessed are the peacemakers...

...coz with one of those suckers in your backyard, no-one's gonna come looking for trouble!!!

• ozziepost
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Blessed are those who mourn...

...because they obviously aren't at a JW advertising session funeral.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Bunch Of Bananas By Their Fruits Ye Shall Know Them
    AlterNet - 3 hours ago
    ... Even as Islamic leaders try to tighten their grip on the country and its people, cult groups like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are sending hundreds of ... [...as they can, waging what their Web site calls a "war for souls":

Southern Baptists must understand that there is a war for souls under way in Iraq... Even as Islamic leaders try to tighten their grip on the country and its people, cult groups like the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses are sending hundreds of their missionaries into Iraq to spread their pseudo-Christianity.

Muslims have been horrified by such spiritual carpetbagging. "The Iraqi people...] Danny's comment: Jehovah's Witnesses don't proselytize they metastasize! Listen up!..If your a 'pioneer sister'(missionary) You are not Mother Tereasa. You are TYPHOID MARY!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

"Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!"

mac

Well, I know I didn't expect the priest/cardinal with the old pilot's hat. How am I supposed to take him seriously wearing that??

If Christians follow Jesus' example and really do practice the golden rule. If christians don't impose their beliefs on the rest of society by inflencing laws, bookburning, Beatle record burning(remember that?), etc. If christians can be non judgemental and let everyone else believe as they want without interference, then they are not harmful.

I personally think religion has caused more harm and suffering in this world than any other thing. I felt that way before I was a JW. Seriously, The Spanish Inquisition is one of the reasons I felt as such. I especially feel that way now. I'm not saying there isn't good in most religions though.

Flyin'

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If Christians follow Jesus' example and really do practice the golden rule. If christians don't impose their beliefs on the rest of society by inflencing laws, bookburning, Beatle record burning(remember that?), etc. If christians can be non judgemental and let everyone else believe as they want without interference, then they are not harmful.

And what criteria will we apply to those of other belief systems or even claimed non-belief?

By what standard are you to be judged? Your own? It's illogical.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Somewhat a bugbear with me is that non-Christians impose on Christians what they should or should not be.
    Apparently I can't be a Christian because I flirt online, have had all sorts of experiences and have dabbled in things which "fall outside of the nominal Christain scope", etc., etc., etc.

A Christian is someone who has a loving relationship with Christ. Period.

That affects how they act, sure, but let's not get it the other way around.
    The Christian belief system is one of "grace" and "mercy", not good works.

"You're all individuals"
    "Yes, we're all individuals"

(Life of Brian - Monty Python)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit