I MADE A SCENE AT THE KINGDOM HALL REMODEL TODAY

by Corvin 67 Replies latest jw friends

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Corvin, it feels good and is good to stand up for the family.

Unfortunately that group most likely will just look at you as the bad guy, BUT if you put some doubt in the mind of just one of the brothers it could start making an effect.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

not to hijack the thread, but welcome, midgett!

Sherry

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I am soooo happy, Corv, that your children have a parent that is a strong advocate for them and not a victim. It sounds as if you were in total control of your emotions, also, while speaking your piece/peace. I grew up in an alcoholic home also, my dad was the alcoholic, and my poor mom endured verbal, emotional and physical abuse from him for years. The brothers in that particular congregation felt their hands were tied, and the only member in the cong. who ever stepped up to help her was another sister married to an unbeliever. I remember staying at her house a few times when dad became violent and abusive. To the elder's credit, they did try to talk with dad and one of the elders, who was also an alcoholic, altho in recovery, tried to reach my dad. But, he was also the same one who encouraged my mom, strongly, to stay with dad, to win him over, as his wife had done to him. Dad never did do anything and eventually mom obtained a divorce, after both my sister and I got married and left home. He died alone, of his alcoholism at the age of 57. God, this post stirs lots of old emotions........thanks for sharing it!

Hugs,

Ter

• Corvin
    Corvin
    not to hijack the thread, but welcome, midgett!

Yes, welcome, midget! Thanks for your comment.

Corvin

• Sirona
    Sirona

Corvin,

Thats fantastic! You sound like a top class father.

Sirona

PS. Welcome to the forum Midget! Nice avatar.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I love it!

Good for you, but next time bring a tape recorder, lol.

This makes me wanna go yell at some fools too. Have to say, I'm a bit jealous....

Rev

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Rave Corvin you are a power of example if only it had been streaming audio video..

Think ahead folks for the next Jdub encounter....

Danny is a "crack shot with a camcorder" The best camcorder ever because you can wear it around your neck,They don't know it's on!

Sharp VL-AH50U Viewcam® Hi-8 Analog Camcorder Analog, Hi-8, 1 x CCD, 16x Optical Zoom, 1.54 lb.

Any good clips you can post at my site?

Lights action camera! Directed by Danny Haszard Bangor Maine.In their face in cyberspace Clown Real Video clip on the street with a JW
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Corvin....I am in awe. I wish you were my dad. I think you should give some thought, when things are all said and done, to writing a novel or even a book on your own experiences with the Witnesses. You describe with such clarity the emotions, the psychological pressures, the hypocrisy, and everything else that comes out of life in the Witnesses.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    I have never once experienced the kind of predjudice and persecution the Society describes in their publications and at the meetings from worldly people, governments or churches as a result of being a JW. The only predjudice, attacks or persecution I have ever suffered has come from the JW's for once believing and now disagreeing with them. They are vindictive and more satan-like than any worldly folks I have ever dealt with.

Me neither, and if I did receive any persecution, it was because I made people feel uncomfortable because of my religion, because I was preaching it to them or judging them with it. Even then most "worldly "people tried to be respectful of me when I was a wacko JW. As far as the JWs go they have all stabbed me and my family in the back and continue to do so. They, in their twisted thinking, think that this is what will save me because "Jehovah disciplines those he loves." So they assume they are being holy in their hatred. Thanks for this Corvin. I could see this as the final scene from some inspirational movie where the good guy stands up in the end and puts everyone in their place. It brings up a lot of issues that I am faced with as far as my association with those still in the Org, which I am realizing more and more that in order for me to be healthy I need to stay away from people who think like this--these are toxic relationships. The closer I am with them the more abuse I receive. As far as my non-JW friends and family--thank God for their love and support. Thank you all for being there too.

Love, cybs

• poppers
    poppers

I salute your actions Corvin. You cannot unring a bell, and the reverberations of the bell you rung will continue throughout the KH no matter what.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit