I MADE A SCENE AT THE KINGDOM HALL REMODEL TODAY

by Corvin 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Man...Corvin, I would have PAID good money to have 'witnessed' this, damn.

Only in my dreams do I get that kind of satisfaction. My X wife uses control, too, over my daughters by giving or witholding affection or by threat of it. Things are becoming clearer to some of them slowly, 2 of 3 don't attend meetings now --- there is always hope !

Your experience has given me even more hope...good for you and your daughter.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Man...Corvin, I would have PAID good money to have 'witnessed' this, damn.

Me too!

You did good man!

• shotgun
    shotgun

Corvin...fantastic...the best part of the whole exchange is that everything you said was truthful..you didn't need to lie or use doctrinal crap to make them look silly...just the plain old truth...it's what gets them everytime.

Not that you would resort to lies it's just they always accuse apostates of spreading lies so when your able to make such a public statement and have many that were present probably secretly acknowledge what you said was true it has more of an impact than you realize.

It's nice to hear that you've helped show your daughter the beauty of logical reasoning instead of emotional debates....great job all around.

Do you think this will affect your daughters decisions in doing things with the congregation again or is it mainly about her mother?

• Corvin
    Corvin
    Do you think this will affect your daughters decisions in doing things with the congregation again or is it mainly about her mother?

Shotgun, I don't know if I understand the question, but the girls really don't want to have anything to do with meetings, field service or study. With the exception of one of my daughters, they all have "worldly" friends now and do not associate with JW's unless they are visiting their mother and some JW's come over. There mother has had no success in laying down the law and making them go to the meetings whent they are visiting; the girls simply refuse to go.

Nancy, the middle child, has a best friend whose parents make her go to the KH, but she does not like going and secretly smokes cigs and does "rebellious" things. Right now, they are like peas and carrots and I trust her a damn site more than the other JW kids, but I am afraid that Nancy might one day be betrayed by her friend in some way when push comes to shove. It seems to be the nature of young JW kids who are struggling with the pressure of baptism and to stay in the org from their parents. Nancy's friend might one day give her the ultimatum; that she is going back to serve Jehovah and if Nancy does not want to, then they cannot associate. When I was a teen, I had a "friend" that did the same to me, and I have seen it happen again and again. Thus the learning of hypocrisy and self-righteousness is complete when that happens.

The JW's are still indirectly in my life through my kids' mother. It filters in and it is intolerable. I can honestly say that "Satan's attacks" have never come from outside the org, in fact, I have never once experienced the kind of predjudice and persecution the Society describes in their publications and at the meetings from worldly people, governments or churches as a result of being a JW. The only predjudice, attacks or persecution I have ever suffered has come from the JW's for once believing and now disagreeing with them. They are vindictive and more satan-like than any worldly folks I have ever dealt with. I want them out of my life, out of my kids' life, and I accept that I cannot really rest and have any peace until that happens. This is about their mother right now. She is the main source of persecution and harrassment, pressure, that is. She has to be slapped down and I am fed up with her shit and I am not stopping til she stops her insanity and leaves the kids alone with the damn religion. I am really pissed now.

Corvin

• lilacia
    lilacia

I respect your actions on a number of levels. Thank you for sharing.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    I have never once experienced the kind of predjudice and persecution the Society describes in their publications and at the meetings from worldly people, governments or churches as a result of being a JW. The only predjudice, attacks or persecution I have ever suffered has come from the JW's for once believing and now disagreeing with them. They are vindictive and more satan-like than any worldly folks I have ever dealt with.

Very well said!

And, a big ol' ATTABOY to you! Your daughters are very blessed to have you as their father. You have shown them true love, caring and support.

CountryGuy

• shotgun
    shotgun

Hi Corvin

This part of your reply answered my question

do not associate with JW's unless they are visiting their mother and some JW's come over

I'm with CountryGuy your comment is very accurate and true

They are vindictive and more satan-like than any worldly folks I have ever dealt with.

It's the hours of hate training they and we as JW's were submitted to, once the meetings stop the hatred starts to wain and a rainbow of human compassion is possible.

Not they don't have compassion but it's hard to love people and condemn them at the same time, hoping that your loved ones take the truth or die because it's they're only hope for everlasting life.

• dh
    dh

great stuff corvin, if only every kid had a dad like you!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Way to go Corvin!!!

I wish I were just as gutsy and just as strong enough to speak up when others are being hypocrites, or lying etc.

Your children are in great hands...and while I'm no Yoda...I think they'll turn out to be people that others will respect and look to with admiration (Since they can come through all the horrid mess you've mentioned, and still have keen insight to see things for what they are) .

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

nice work corvin; they hate when you call thier bluff. you made your x and the p.o. look like fools calling out the p.o. infront of the dubs. let all see he is really nothing ie glorious one. i would say they will do what ever it takes to keep you from coming around again, but then again your x may give you more excuses for you to correct thier thinking... john

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit