You are EX-JWs because you want to live an immoral life!

by Sirona 83 Replies latest jw friends

• Sassy
    Sassy

I left because I couldn't believe how unloving the elders were regarding my 2nd husband who duped me for a green card, couldn't have sex and was mentally abusing me and making feel that I was worthy of death.. they forced me to take him back when I kicked him out, but I couldn't bare attending meetings sitting next to a man who hated me and used me so.. after he got his green card I kicked him out any way and he started blackmailing me... so I thought screw this.. now I will admit I then dated and yes, did have sex.. but i didn't quit to be immoral... but I did decide to enjoy life

• littletree
    littletree

well, i've only been gone less than a year (oh yeah, and i peeped back in to my mom's Memorial). but a year before THAT is when i left- NOT to live a life of "immorality"- but 1st because i was tired of trying to keep up with the meetings, field service hours, and requirements that i didn't see as truly required by God. but then i started finding out things on the Internet and reading "Crisis of Conscience." but in this past year- i've never had the desire to run out and do drugs, or smoke, or live promiscuously. i do have a boyfriend now, the only guy i've ever been with, but i think i should get credit for holding our for 26 years! lol (and this "wordly" man was not at all like the some of the teenage witness boys who've tried to feel me up when i was younger. i was the one chasing after HIM! well what do you expect?) :-) littletree

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Frannie

If "Jehovah's standards" were indicating that we should be a hate-mongering, lying, suspicious, greedy, control-freaking and judgMENTAL, no-life borganization, then.....NO! I can't live up to those standards.

Cheers!

Good post !

As Jimmy Carter confessed, "Ah...have lusted...in my heart..." that was the extent of my so-called "immorality" before my leaving the troof. I confessed, too and it cost me very dearly.

After my 'exit'... and years alone and 'chaste', I did like a lot of X-JW's, I started making up my own mind about 'morality'. Terry...put it down very well. Like so many of us, I am on a "learning curve", I likely have made mistakes, but, ya' know...? They will be MY DAMN MISTAKES. I think I'm a reasonably intelligent person, I can look around and see what hurts people and learn from that example. I don't have to act stupidly first...just to learn a good lesson.

That is true freedom...when you really act on what you believe in your heart and especially not what any religion DECIDES what is best for you.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Wow I'm loving this thread! It is so interesting that the JW idea that ExJWs live a life of utter immorality isn't true!

Of those who cared to tell us, 20 left whilst not engaging in any of the typical JW "immoral" activities and 8 left whilst engaging in those activities. Bear in mind that Corvin has a fantastic point when he asks "what is morality?" He also raised the point that absolutely noone can meet ALL of the standards that are set by the WTS (pharisees!)

I'm not saying that those 8 left purely to engage in immorality, but I'm trying to look at it through JW eyes. They'd say we all left because we either got DF'd for immorality or we DA'd so we could be free to be immoral. That isn't the case of course!

Sirona

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I felt more "immoral" being a JW than being an XJW. Now I let my conscience be my guide instead of the conscience of immoral, slanderous, unloving and deceitful elders. Duh

Cathy L.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well it was a toss up between their loving kindnessand their harboring pedophiles....hmmm I personally see them as the immoral ones.

PS We left they didn't disfellowship us (no reason) nor were we ever publically reproved. We were more more than 98.% of the friggin congregation....

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I always saw some holes and had brushed them away as "less important"

Then it started to bother me that I had none or very few time left over for myself and got frustrated. end of story is that I faded.

So I am not an ex JW because I wanted an "immoral" life - I just wanted a "life" for myself.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    They say that the reason we pick holes in their doctrine is to justify our evil ways.

so they admit there's holes in the doctrine but heaven forbid you point them out!!

wanting to live an "immoral" life had nothing to do with my decision to leave. I was sick and tired of the same old same old over and over again. I wanted to live my own life.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I had my doubts about teachings like chronology and other stuff. I could not stand it any more.
    I stepped aside as a MS and stopped going to the meetings.
    Recently, I disassociated myself by a letter.

So, all action was on my side.

However, after that I did some things JW would condem as immoral. But that was not the reason. And it does not mean that people outside JW would condem these actions as immoral.

I got some professional help when I left and was told that it is likely that I did those things to assure they would not take me back. :-)

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

immorality was not the reason I left....

and now immorality is basically arbitrary....

the bible's high moral principles seems to include, but are not limited to:

warcrimes [numbers 31]

mass murder [exodus 12]

child murder [deut 21]

sacrificing ones daughters to save male strangers [see Lot in Sodom]

having sex with females as long as they are not married and you can pay their father the brides price for damage to their virginity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit