You are EX-JWs because you want to live an immoral life!

by Sirona 83 Replies latest jw friends

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I left because I wanted to do things they considered immoral, which at the time consisted of holding hands with boys. (I did move onto bigger things, hey, just like they said I would ). I didn't grasp the doctrine very well in the first place, so I wasn't very interested in finding holes in it. Besides, I saw the inconsistencies all around me. I always had a sense that their policies were unkind and unfair, although I wouldn't - at 11 years old - have used the word "immoral". But, for example, when I was around 10 a man was disfellowshipped for asking his wife for oral sex. I didn't have a very clear concept of oral sex, but I remember even now, so many years later, that what outraged me most was that his wife had SNITCHED on him.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Ditto to what Scully said, and she said it quite well

• blondie
    blondie
    Actually I became an ex-JW because I wanted to get away from lying, slandering, unethical, hateful, unloving JWs.

I left because I wanted to live a moral and ethical life without compromising my conscience and those principles for The Sake of The Truth?.

double ditto, Scully,

Blondie

• Morgan
    Morgan

Actually, I have grown alot. I'm learning to be more reasonable and balanced. Something the WTS doesn't offer. Immorality can be a 'knee-jerk' reaction because of this.

If there are no victims to our actions, I say live and let live.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    JWs accuse us of wanting to live immoral lives. By immoral I'd say they mean adultery, fornication, drunkenness, drugs, lying, theiving, cheating etc.

Do you do these things and try and think you need to justify that by picking holes in the WBTS?

Honestly, now ... how often do you see me picking holes in their doctrine? The fact that I enjoyed the hell out of alcohol, drugs, and fornication was purely a matter of hedonistic enjoyment in my youth, and has little to do with their bogus teachings.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

"I didn't leave to become immoral I left because of the hypocrisy and guilt trips and the sheer exhaustion of living up to the rules of men."

Same with me, Sirona.

I haven't commited a "sin of the flesh" yet, despite the fact that it's been two years since I left, and I have an entirely different belief system now (I do celebrate holidays, though, so have returned to "Babylon the Great," which is one of their major rants on immorality).

Funny thing is, I drink less often since I left. I think I was using alcohol to numb the pain of all the crap that was happening when I was JW.I think a lot of JWs drink heavily,staying just one step away from drunken revelry for the same reason.

It's odd, because I haven't forbidden myself from any "taboo" activity. I just don't have the desire to do any of the stuff the WTS considers immoral. I'm too busy waking up every morning, happy to be able to exercise free will.

Free will-now there's a subject the WTS doesn't talk about often;)

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yah baby! More leg over.

LOL LOL Well mainly I left my 30 year marriage to be with my Lost Love. I had been abused for 30 years and wanted out. I found a man who loved me and I left. I did the research after leaving and was shocked at what I'd found out about the Watchtower Society. The sad thing was it was all verifible, and I could not even say it was lies like the WTS claimed. And Hey sex is so much more fun without all the the JW restrictions. LOL

• Corvin
    Corvin
    They say that ExJWs simply want to live an immoral life. They say that ExJWs cannot live up to "Jehovah's Standards". They say that the reason we pick holes in their doctrine is to justify our evil ways.

EXJWs: Did you pursue a course of immorality and then research the JWs to look for holes in doctrine?

There are plenty of JW's in good standing living an immoral life . . . we all knew/know them. You don't have to leave the organization to live a life of sin and hypocrisy.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, can live up to "Jehovah's Standards". The only one that ever did, according to the Bible, died in 33 CE.

The reason we pick holes in their doctrines is that the doctrines are already chalk-full of holes, for crying out loud. All any of us did was simply start looking at the holes instead of igoring them. You could say that "I fell through the cracks" of the organization, the really huge gaping cracks in it. Hey, aren't we suppose to be in "the truth"? What? We can't say the truth unless it is WTBTS-approved? There lies the problem.

According to the standards of the WTBTS, I did for a time, commit fornication on occasion. Who hasn't? I had long-since gotten my life squared and pretty much in harmony with "Jehovah's standards" or at least I was living in the spirit of those standards. I was poised and on the verge of getting reinstated, but every visit to the Kingdom Hall left me feeling deflated instead of encouraged. The meetings and information just did not jive with the facts of life I had learned since I was df'd in 1990. I really began seeing what hypocrites and spiritual retards most of the JW's were. I think it was my standards that had gotten a bit elevated when it came to the truth, and I was not about to go and sit back down at the special-ed table of spirituality again.

So, to all those JW's who think I left to persue a life of immorality, you are soooo far off base that it is laughable. To all those who think I am apostate because I have become under Satan's control, I just have to tell you that the demon attacks STOPPED when I started looking closer at the doctrines and when I began using my brain. I believe that Satan exists in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses more prevelantly than a devil worshipper convention.

Corvin

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

The central CORE doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses/Watchtower is that Christ Jesus returned to power(had his 2nd coming) in the year 1914.

This is a lie.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

No. I can't teach non-truths to my kids and neighbors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit