You are EX-JWs because you want to live an immoral life!

by Sirona 83 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

German:

However, after that I did some things JW would condem as immoral. But that was not the reason. And it does not mean that people outside JW would condem these actions as immoral.

I got some professional help when I left and was told that it is likely that I did those things to assure they would not take me back.

Is that legal over there, or did you travel to Amsterdam?

• True North
    True North

When I left about twenty years ago, I wasn't doing drugs or fornicating -- things I haven't done in all the years since either. Nor was I "stumbled" by the behavior of any other JWs. I simply accepted the fact that I no longer believed it and acted accordingly (at substantial cost to myself since my wife was and remains a JW to this day).

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

LittleToe, I am traveling to Amsterdam, soon. There is a meet-up of some ex-JW. :-) Sounds legal to me.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Well, you bolded the "professional help". This was a psychological counselor that my then employer subscribed to. It did not help a lot because she had no clue about JW but at least it helped a little.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, I'm actually suprised so many people made a smooth transition from "in" to "out". I think it helps if you knew the doctrines were wrong.*

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

German:Methinks the lad protests too much

Enjoy the Fest. Wish I was going!!!
    One of these bright days!!!

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I will miss your violin playing, LittleToe. :-(

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Go easy, wild-eyes, the boys will talk
    ROFL

• simplesally
    simplesally

Nope, got df'd and kept going to the meetings. Finally was so discouraged that I stopped attending. Still was not considered 'immoral' at all. I then decided to come to this board and reading books that my dad gave me. Sixy also gave me a good one to read by Ray Franz. I was out........got divorced and that was the end.

I may engage in sexual relations outside the bonds of marriage but I would say I am still very moral. I don't swear big time and don't cheat, lie and steal. Drinking, smoking and loud music ok......call me immoral then!! LOL.

Who are they to define morals? Who are they to shun and abuse? Who are they that count the 10th parts (turn in your 15 minutes of time so you aren't inactive)???? It seems to me that the judges are the ones that will be judged.......the tables have turned and the Pharisees and Sadducees were the ones that were so judgmental and calculating, the ones Jesus rejected.

• Magick
    Magick

The erroneous conclusion of the pious jw is:

1) only jws have god

2) god decides right and wrong (morality)

3) morality equals obedience to god

4) leaving the jws for any reason is disobedience to god

5) thus (they conclude) anyone who leaves is immoral

It does not matter what we do?as long as we are not jws...we are immoral.

JWs feel that one cannot be moral without god (This is a very old argument?see Plato?s Euthyphro) and that you cannot have god without being a jw.

The statement was: You are EX-JWs because you want to live an immoral life!

It is also true (according to jws) that: You are living an immoral life because you are an EX-JW.

I agree with many that have posted on this thread.

As long as I adhered to the "jw mindset," I also adhered to their measure of morality.

When I left the congregation, that jw (engrained) mindset followed with me. (I did not leave because I wanted to be "immoral")

Gradually, I no longer needed their "moral" measuring stick. This does not mean that I succumbed to an amoral way of life. It does mean, that I no longer measure "right and wrong" according to the misinterpretation of scripture through the pages of the Watchtower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit