What's Your Opinion Regarding Spanking A Child?

by minimus 95 Replies latest jw friends

• Mac
    Mac

I believe that sending a child to it's room for a time out only teaches them a hostage confinement techniques!!!!!!!!!
    I believe that referring to a child as an object only teaches them to confuse themself with their toys
    It took less time than typing his/her....you know how long it takes me to type a post....sheesh!!!! Picky, picky, picky! mac, making the necessary change above class

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I say, I say................ It's a joke, son !!

• gumby
    gumby

Boy oh boy are you tellin your age there girl!

Gumsmartass

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

*thwacks gumbombastic* I read about it in a magazine doncha know !!

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

duplicate

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

If done in anger, the child will resent it, but if done when needed after warning, and explained to the child that this is what you knew would happen if you did such and such, and done to punish no to hurt our out of anger, yes it can be a usfull tool, those of the liberal mind set that think that it is never needed have not been around some children, there are those children that will never need to be spanked as the nasty look is enough to correct them, others who insist on seting the cat on fire, will need to have stronger deturents, the people who do not like spanking as a tool also in general do not like the death penalty, It is the same type of deturant, some people like ted bundy, and a good one who sliped by capitol punishment because of liberal cal. is charlie manson, can any one tell me what good it will do to feed someone like charlie for the next 30 years?

do you think he will reform? death penaltys and spankings, also work for other children, when they see what happens as a consiquence of thair actions,

And spanking is done or should be done as it is warented for the offence, not eating your spinich is not enough to spank, but setting the garage on fire, is, I would rather spank a kid a 6 if needed rather than let the state punish him a 26 because I was to timmed to take apropriate action early,

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well ... I'm bad at spanking ... (each time I did - twice - I did wrong) so I didn't anymore
    And anyway I had way more results (and probably forgiving for my own bad attitudes from my son) by talking

also in regard of lots of parents I know
    kids can't respect liars ... They copy nor they can tell anyway ...

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Spankings don't work if they are given a lot, kids just ignore it. I am not talking BEATINGS here, people. But I will give my 2 year old a quick swat on the butt if she misbehaves. It is not often, and it isnt even really painful...she has a pretty thick diaper on. But she gets the point. It is not very often at all. It is more of a getting their attention thing. I rarely have to swat my 4 year old on the butt, and don't think it really is appropriate for my 6 year old, or 8 year old.

There are some kids it works for, and some it doesn't. You cannot spank a kid everytime they do something wrong, that just is counter productive. People say there is a fine line between spanking and abuse? well, maybe we should come up with a new term, because what I call spank is not abuse...maybe I should say swatting...who knows. BUT I tell you, when MY dad spanked you...ouch...that could have been the fine line hahah. I didn't need to get spanked very often. Once a year was good enough...

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

"No books from crooks".

Childhood impressions, my first nightmares.

Childhood impressions and Crayola crayons, peanut butter, Vick's Vapor-Rub, Play Dough.....

All these scents instill a sort of cognitive aroma.

My first 'teething' book, was the "Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained"

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/night.html

An apocalyptic primer. To instill a child with "detox Joe's" end of the world vision. The Armageddon nightmare spectacle at the end of the book, burned into a child's psyche, the horrific scene of the little girl falling into the abyss.

All the wicked people who will perish, unless I go door-to-door and save them all. My first life impressions, trying to sit still through two hours of cult indoctrination, I better behave or Jehovah won't like me, and as a guiding reinforcement.....

MEETINGS MEANT BEATINGS.

[Final note the WT$'s "Paradise book", was released the year of my birth.I literally cut my baby teeth on !!! I still remember the smell of the bookbinding glue,it smelled like peppermint.It probably had toxic lead in it too] Undaunted Danny, www.DannyHaszard.com Bangor Maine USA

• Mary
    Mary
    what does spanking really teach them?

What does it teach them??? It teaches them that if they act a certain way, they're gonna get spanked!! As no kid enjoys being spanked, they'll perhaps think twice before kicking an adult. We would have NEVER even considered kicking an adult when were kids!! We wouldn't have been spanked, we would've been SHOT!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit