Are you black or white ? ( just asking)

by vitty 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**nice post......creates discussion

Yeah, I thought so too. I didn't feel that there was anything offensive about it, or in the way it was asked. I'd like to believe that we are adult enough to look beyond any feelings of ignorance and simply take this the way it was meant---AS just curious---with no bad connotations whatsoever.

I know *I* have enjoyed this topic and have learned more about my friends. This is the same procedure as any other thread---if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you---don't read it!

I'm still marvelling over some of the cultural mixtures that I've seen here, and I find it interesting!

Just my 2 cents

• Celia
    Celia

Are You Balck or White ? DUH !!!

<<<------------------ I am Blue, can't you tell ???

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I know *I* have enjoyed this topic and have learned more about my friends. This is the same procedure as any other thread---if the subject matter doesn't appeal to you---don't read it!

Sheesh! Reading back over this, it sounds a bit harsh---which I didn't MEAN it to. I didn't intend to put a damper on this thread or make anyone uncomfortable. I was smiling as I wrote it (a little humor in there---VERY little it seems) but it was sure hard to tell that! Sorry if it came out that way.....

hugs,

Annie.............who's sitting in the library now......

• Fleur
    Fleur

welcome to the board!

myself, i AM the "whiter shade of pale" and it's borrrring. i burn like a lobster in 2 minutes.

this thread reminds me of a story. there was years ago a really beautiful, black sister at my hall, i loved her singing voice. sometimes i'd catch her looking at me strangely out of the corner of my eye and i wondered what that was about. well, anyway, one day at the meeting i was wearing this frilly blouse and a hat and after the prayer ends she just rushes up to me and she says "oh if i touch your face will you be offended? i just have to feel your skin." I giggled and put her hand on my face and she said "you look just like a porcelain doll!" LOL she said she had wanted to tell me that for a long time but worried i might be offended. i had no idea she thought that when she was looking at me lol.

i had always marveled how lovely she was too and told her so, (she had a VERY handsome son too i might add! i mean *whew*! shameless flirt, that guy LOL) and it was a very sweet moment. i still smile remembering it. wonder whatever happened to her. i heard the son left the jw's, hope its true.

suddenly i'm humming "people are people" depeche mode...there needs to be more love in the world for humanity in general these days, i think...

why can't i make the highlighting go away...

hugs

fleur

p.s. hey guys...does it make you shiver when newbies use the term "in the truth" in a sentence like our newbie did? i hear it from my mom all the time, but to see it here, man, it still blows me away every time.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain
    Cold rain : Wow what a Mix !

Alot of us Carribeans are mixed like that. I know this one other Carribean guy that had Chineese, Indian (Both dots and feathers) Black, and German.

You seem to have a cute mix yourself ;) What's your ethnicity, may I ask?

• findingme
    findingme

I'm so white it hurts....literally. I'm half Scandinavian. Exposing myself to the sun for 15 minutes is painful and results in nausea and lightheadedness. Never, ever a nice tan will happen, only uncomfortable burning.

Okay, I do have some French, German, Polish, too.

My dog is a black lab. He likes to relax in the sun spots on the porch. My husband and I tease the dog, saying he is "working on his tan" whenever the dog does this....

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Cold rain : Alot of us Carribeans are mixed like that. I know this one other Carribean guy that had Chineese, Indian (Both dots and feathers) Black, and German.

1/3 of each black / withe / Asian (from what I know by now) all together (Mom and Dad)

African - French - Chinese - Biello Russian - (and the part I didn't know for sur but because of the name on my father but lately is - Italian (confirmed)

but you know what I would have loved to be "navarro" ... when I was in Arizona ... A girl talked to me in "navarro" thinking I was one of them.

But I feel black (and I am) cause it is related to my carribeans roots which is more black oriented ... that's it.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Wow, you're carribean too!? What island!?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeah CRR I'm carribean and Oooops (I've forgot to tell) : MARTINIQUE

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

I wish I had some beautiful mix of carribean and different islands like CRR and Frenchy over there. But hey at least I have a bit of mystery with me. I wish they had like a machine where you put a small amount of blood in and you find all of your like history and like origin and stuff like that. My list would be prolly 9000 billion gigabytes big.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit