Are you black or white ? ( just asking)

by vitty 79 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

Please dont take offence but ive just realised something maybe its been touched on before,.but when i was reading the thread on Bil Cosby I read the one off Obviously secret. Now as I am a white person I assumed he was white until he stated he was black. So when i thought about it, I imagine everyone on this site is white, does everyone who is black imagine everyone else is black, and anyone oriental imagine everyone else is oriental. Now you could say what the hell does it matter. But thats the point where else are you just taken for who you are, than on the internet. Even on the phone you discriminate against people who have an accent that makes them sound thick even if they have a degree. But my main point is not racism but what goes on in our heads

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    So when i thought about it, I imagine everyone on this site is white, does everyone who is black imagine everyone else is black, and anyone oriental imagine everyone else is oriental.

... well, you know those of a minority racial group don't tend to do that - so yes, it is just your imagination, just what goes on in the head.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Hi! I am a white boy, and my heritage is Italian, Greek, and Cherokee. The picture in my avatar is me, albeit not a very good one.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

I'm Black, but I usually assume people are White. By the way, many Asians find the term "Oriental" offensive, so I'd try to avoid it if I were you. Oh and welcome!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Wait a minute, isn't this a song by Michael Jackson???

• vitty
    vitty

I didnt mean to just include black and white I should of said.........etc but as for the oriental phrase I apologise for any offence but where i come from it usually refers to Chinese and Japanes etc and nobody there takes offence infact thats how they discribe themselves with pride.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Ahhh, don't worry too much about being PC.

• JH
    JH

My cat is black and white

• vitty
    vitty

The trouble is i`ve spent so long in the borg i`m terrified of saying the wrong thing.

You now how it is

• vitty
    vitty

I love the cat .......but hey I think cats see everything in black and white

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit