'Deaden your body members'

by Maxee 67 Replies latest social relationships

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Red,

Yeah, Dayton, Ohio, is known far and wide as the Mecca of the Midwest.

The motto for Clevland is "You gotta live somewhere." Jimmy Brogan

waiting

ps - just read in Martha Stewart how to make a proper quahog wreath for your front door. Interested? Better yet - amazed that I read Martha?

• larc
    larc

The problem with being in Mecca, I don't know which direction to face when I pray.

Mark Twain, one of the fateful :) and discreet slave class said something about Cinncinnatti, that better applies to Dayton, so I'll change the quote a tad. "I want to be in Dayton when the end of the world comes, because everything in Dayton arrives a month late."

• larc
    larc

RHW,

Since the people here in Dayton are not very expressive, we don't have a wailing wall, we have a wimpering wall.

Waiting, we do have a motto, and JAVA can attest to this:

It's great in Dayton
    TV2 loves you

• JAVA
    JAVA

larc:

Waiting, we do have a motto, and JAVA can attest to this:

It's great in Dayton

Yep, that's the logo. The guy who came up with this logo worked for an insurance company located off I-75 just south of Dayton. They made a large banner with the logo outside their building. All could see it while traveling south into Dayton. About a year or so afterwards the company moved out of the area! (True story.)

However, the motto is still good because Brother larc and I are here helping our brothers and sisters in need.

Edited by - JAVA on 22 December 2000 9:31:44

• larc
    larc

Waiting and RHW,

There's a point I need to clarify. I mentioned that we have a department store here named Elder Beerman's. I forgot to tell you how it got its name. JAVA and I are the only elders for the entire city of Dayton. My real name is Larc Beerman and my brother is JAVA Beerman, hence the name Elder Beerman's.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

larc....oh, yeah....sure....uh huh....got it now....yep...sure do.

• larc
    larc

Red Horse Woman,

Of all the commentary you have ever delivered for our edification, your last declaratives are by far the most brilliant, succinct, forthright, honest, and wise statements you have ever uttered. I am humbled, and thurthermore and thusly, indeed, I am beside myself with joy, just to be the recipient of your ...ah..er..well.. stuff!

Your words should be carved in granite and placed in Washington D.C., next to the Lincoln Memorial. (I'd like to give you a compliment, but I'm not up to it. I have sinus headache.)

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

larc....what does "thurthermore" mean? Is this an arcane, medieval expression? Or is it just that spelling is not your forte? LOL

• thinker
    thinker

Spelling does seem to be a problem here. I hope I never get caught now.
    I wish Java and Larc had been on my comittee cases. I might have passed.
    TW

• waiting
    waiting

Hey thinker,

The dawn of legibility in his handwriting has revealed his utter inability to spell. Ian hay

Just insert "keyboard" for "handwriting."

Lack of education is an extraordinary handicap when one is being offensive. Josephine Tey

Love those smart, educated people, don't you?

waiting

ps, I used to shop at Lazarus. Great department store.

Edited by - waiting on 23 December 2000 9:42:27

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit