'Deaden your body members'

by Maxee 67 Replies latest social relationships

• Maxee
    Maxee

I recently read a post on the net regarding how often men think about sex. I started to think about how often I did. I followed this up with a survey on antoher site and found I ranked low and they told me I had sexual problems. I disagree.

Now I was a single sister for 7 years in the truth. A wiitness for 10 years and a firm believer for a further 10. When I pondered on this question to myself I realised I did not think about sex. When it entered my head I pushed it out.

Now this is not a joke and I will not apreciate any innuendo's. What I had discovered was I was still practising the 'Deaden your body members' scripture single brothers and sisters are taught.

Any thoughts on this?

Edited by - maxee on 27 December 2000 2:27:28

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I had to "deaden my body members" for over 6 years.. not that I was always successful (the big M", you know!) But I do know what you're talking about, Maxee. My cousin, who's never been a JW and has been divorced since 1987, has never dated, and has absolutely NO interest in sex, or very little, although she enjoys the companionship and cuddling of having a relationship. It's a big reason why she's divorced!

It may be that you just have a lower sexual drive than some people. It does NOT mean that you're abnormal, however. We're not all alike in our needs, and there is no need to be!

Hugs,
    RCat

• Maxee
    Maxee

I believe I don't have an abnormally low sex drive . I really feel that I was still practising that scripture subconsciously.
    Its like it had been sitting dormant for years and now that I am aware of it I am practising thinking about it. It seems to be working

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

I'm such a rebellious snot, that my mind would think of things to just "think about", just because I wanted to rebel in my head.. even if I couldn't on the outside! At least that's the way I analyze myself. I used to feel I was soooo bad for what I THOUGHT.

Glad you're resolving it!

• Simon
    Simon

I agree with you - our sex life has improved no end since we stopped going to the meetings

• mgm
    mgm

No wonder, than stress ist the sex killer #1.
    And you all know, how stress a witness life is.
    My favourite book is "the song of salomon", the most romantic book of the bible...and just the opposite of "deaden your body members".
    Greetings MGM

PS: first we are created with those body members and then we have to deaden them....it makes sense.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Yes, it seems that if you truly believe in any religion (and especially JW's) you have to put up with a God who has an extremely macabre sense of humor.

First He creates us all to be sexual beings, with a sex drive that is evident from the time we are infants. Then, in order to please Him, we must deny any sexual feelings until marriage...at which time we're allowed only minimal sexual experience.

Then He creates about 10 percent of us with a sexual orientation toward those of the same sex....and declares that all such creatures are condemned to death unless they remain entirely celibate throughout their lives. Of course, He does give them the option of a loveless, frustrating marriage with a member of the opposite sex.

Seems to me that somewhere along the line there's been some massive misinterpretation of the Biblical guidelines.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Maxee: I have little doubt that you conditioning as a witness has had some effect on your view of sex. This is yet another area where good common sense comes into play. I don't know your personal circumstances but if you are married then this is a matter between you and your husband. Sex is obviously not just a procreative activity for humans and to relegate it to such is to deny a truth. It is meant as a source of great enjoyment and how far you go is up to you and your mate. We think about the things we like. If you like it, then my all means think about it.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Maxee
    Maxee

Frenchy
    When I got involved with a non witness and started a sexual relationship the guilt was such a burden that I found I coouldn't enjoy sex. It affected my ability to be satisfied in the normal ways.
    I see the application of such scriptures a form of verbal abuse.

Interestingly when we think about it the reason Jesus died for us is to take away the guilt that had burdened the Jews. He was a willing scape goat yet most well all religions today take back that sacrafice and inflict guilt upon us.
    Religion is verbal abuse. It sullies our natural sexual desires. It abuses us and feeds off this guilt.

I agree sex is a celebration of loving some one intimately and a gift we can give to someone we love.

• waiting
    waiting

Well, hello, Sexee Maxee,

When I got involved with a non witness and started a sexual relationship the guilt was such a burden that I found I coouldn't enjoy sex. It affected my ability to be satisfied in the normal ways.

Last time I read an article on the subject of males having a heart attack while having sex - it was an almost unknown occurence if the man was having sex with his own wife. The reason - guilt.

Half the fun of having an extramarital affair is the excitment of the unknown and the secretiveness of the acts, trying not to get caught....producing guilt.

Teenagers are guilty of most everything because they rebel against most everything. Parents are the wizards of introducing guiltinto every act. (A child in India is starving, and you're just going to waste that good food that I worked hard to make and your father worked hard to bring home to you.....)

Sex has always, in our culture, been able to produce more guilt than just about anything. Why the bra burnings in the 60's? The free love of the hippies? etc. etc. etc. To rebel against the guiltenforced by society at large.

The WTBTS didn't invent guilt, they perfected it.

I guess I agree with Frenchy, do what you want. But it's not all the Society's fault. Never saw sisters burning their bras....although brothers would probably have enjoyed it!!!! (they wouldn't even have whistled or clapped - would look guilty!)

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 9 August 2000 18:43:17

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit