'Deaden your body members'

by Maxee 67 Replies latest social relationships

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Maxee: Guilt is the natural result of violating what you perceive as a faux pas, a sin if you would. Waiting is right in saying that it is often used (and very effectively so) as a weapon. That may be good and it may be bad depending on your viewpoint. What is your view of extramarital sex? (Don’t answer) If you perceive it to be sinful and you engage in it you will feel guilty.
    Unfortunately our consciences do not tell us what is right and wrong. It only reacts to what we perceive as right and wrong.
    One final point, guilt can be a good thing. It can keep us from making the same mistake over and over again.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Frenchy,

It can keep us from making the same mistake over and over again.

Does this mean that you can do it, but 'cause you don't remember it, you're not guilty?

Just wondering, 'cause I think I'm in the same age bracket as you, and if I don't remember the guilt, I might try some stuff......('cours my husband will be with me, maybe)

waiting

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

LOL @ waiting... Yes, if you don't remember you certainly can't feel guilty about it! You see, old age has its compensations!

--I think I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's --but I can't remember!

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Frenchy,

Right now, I'm having amnesia and deja' vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before. Steven Wright

This could go for us old people too????

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 12 August 2000 23:29:21

• somebody
    somebody

Good morning all, ( morning here on the east coast of the USofA anyway )

I've been away for a few days, so I've got a lot of catching up to do. ( figures I start here) :-)

I have a question. Does that scripture that says not to excite members, or something like it, really have anything to do with sex ? I haven't read the surrounding verses and I'm not even sure what book of the bible it's in.

Till next time,
    somebody

~~~Whenever someone asks me to define love, I usually think for a minute, then I spin around and pin the guy's arm behind his back. NOW who's asking the questions?~~~~

• Maxee
    Maxee

It probably doesn't. Another misapplication of the scriptures by the experts the WTBTS? I think it really applied to concetrating on spiritual matters as opposed to fleshly. Its very similiar to where the apostle Paul talks about putting on the new personality. I think it is in a figutative sense not literal.I don't have access to a bible right now (not at home) sp I wouuld be curious to here the thoughts on others regarding the application.

• somebody
    somebody

That's what I was thinking. The body is the congregation, and then there are all the members. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with the human body, with all it's limbs/members. :-) I'm going to read up on it though, for sure.

somebody

~~~I hope they never find out that lightning has a lot of vitamins in it, because do you hide from it or not? ~~~

• DriveslikeJehu
    DriveslikeJehu

Well if Paul meant the congregation as a body, and the members of the congregation as body members...Does that mean that Paul was saying to numb up all the congregation members so that they would be deadened?lol Nope.

Paul was talking about deading body members as respects fornication, adultery, etc. If you are afraid of falling into sexual wrongdoing, do your best to keep your mind off of sex to resist temptation.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Drives,

Looking over the old ones, eh? I agree with your interpretation of the particular scripture in question. Of course, the two women have their own interpretation.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with "deadening body members" if that is the individual's choice.

If you cros an agnostic with a Jehovah Witness, you get a fellow who knocks on your door for no particular reason. Blanche Knott

waiting

Edited by - waiting on 11 December 2000 21:26:12

• Maxee
    Maxee

If we look at some of the applications the organisation has used we could apply it to not fornicating with the world. In a sense spiritual fornication perhaps. I'm not stuck on my opinion but the body is quite often used as a term for fleshly and worldly.
    Boy the governing body sure look like thay are not deadening their body members. In fact they have added to them when you look at the new struvture in place . ie 3 new corporations recently.
    Deaden your body members is take care of the spirit the body is unimportant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit