Abortion...

by Lostreality 215 Replies latest jw friends

• Aaron2
    Aaron2

Abortion is the killing of a young person. Therefore it takes away their chance to exerience earth life and grow and learn and influence our society for the good or the bad. There are many people hurt by this process. The cons far out number the pro's.

As a Mormon, I believe that we all lived together in a spirit world before we came to earth. So whether abortion is murder or not depends on when the spirit lays claim upon the body, and therefore if the body dies, they would lose their one and only chance to come to earth. In that case, abortion would be murder in my eyes.

Aaron2

• Sirona
    Sirona

Aaron

In that case would the spirit not simply continue living in the spirit world? Or find another body?

Sirona

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

In general, I think that when a baby is able to live on "his own" then nobody has the right to kill that baby.

In accordance, every woman who gets pregnant against her will ( no matter how) should have the right to stop this pregnancy in the first weeks.

• Odrade
    Odrade

edited because what I was yelling about seems to be over anyways. I didn't see page 9. duh.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

It is, however, about values.

• Aaron2
    Aaron2

Values.....something the Democrat party seems to be void.

• Aaron2
    Aaron2

They do continue living as spirits, but they do not get the chance to have another mortal body. They miss out on the one and only chance to live in this mortal existence. They also miss out on all of the life's experiences that they would learn from. They'll get a body some day, but it would be a resurrected perfect body like that of Christ's. All of the things that they miss out on from not getting to live this life will have to be made up some other way.

They point is though that they wanted to come down here and live this life. They waited an eternity to do it and now they'll never get this experience again. They'll never get to know what it's like to be mortal, make mistakes, learn from them, make ourselves better. And we miss out on all of the good or bad things they could have brought to us. We have to face up to those people in the next life as well, and explain why we thought it was so much more important for us to kill them, than to let them have this one experience on earth, the same that we got to have. People simply do not know what they're doing. If they did, I'm sure things would be different. Therefore, may God be merciful to us all.

Those are my beliefs on the topic.

Aaron2

• jwbot
    jwbot

Does that mean all the fetuses in cold storage in fertility clinics have souls? Should they ALL be implanted in women? What about when the mother gets pregnant with a child (from 4 or 5 being implanted in her) did she just have 3 or 4 abortions?

What about the morning after pill when it prevents the fertilized egg from implantation within 72 hours of it being fertilized. Is that abortion? When does a glob of cells become a "person" with the same rights as you and me? What about the millions of sperm that never even make it into a vagina? What about the eggs that get broken down and passed out each month? Are not those "potential humans" just like an embryo or fetus?

Who is qualified to answer these questions, let alone, put in place life-changing legislation to force people to do their will of what they feel is right?

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

For me, I don't think it has to do with religion or "souls" or anything so existential. I just believe anything that has developed human features, a beating heart and a brain is human life and should be protected as such.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Aaron2, those are interesting/weird beliefs you have about spirit creatures longing for physical bodies and abortions interfering with their right to experience physical life. Too bad there's no evidence to support such a claim, so non-LDS won't find that argument convincing in the slightest.

Also, you are going against the nature of the constitution if you support legislation that bans a particular action simply because that act isn't allowed by your religious views. The constitution was carefully crafted to prevent government from interfering with religion and vice versa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit