Abortion...

by Lostreality 215 Replies latest jw friends

• Aaron2
    Aaron2

So who gets to decide what a religious moral is, and what's not one. Is saying murder is wrong a religious moral, or is it a scientific fact....or non-religious fact? Who decides that?

People of the same sex getting married. Is that a religous moral, or scientific fact? Who decides.

Abortion. Is that a religous view point if your against it, but a fact if you're against it? Who decides these things, and what religion does he belong to, or is he non-religious? Or is it a she....or may some other gender? Please explain so I can be politically correct too.

Aaron2

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    That since you believe that abortion is a good thing

No one here said that. I dont believe that the KKK should be having any parades, however I do support their 1st Ammendment RIGHT to do so. And since you are so morally high and mighty, would you like to talk about the Mark of Cain issue and the Mormon Churchs continual racism agaisnt blacks and minorities? Still waiting on those plates.....

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Here's a question to anyone who wants to answer it. If I believe that abortion is murder, and does extensive harm to the person having the abortion, the families and parties involved and most of the all the baby. If I know that to be true. Then why should I vote to keep it legal? Just because you and others might be misguided? Are you saying that I should NOT stand up for what I know and believe. That since you believe that abortion is a good thing that you CAN stand up for what you believe, and I should not because mine is different than yours.

Aaron

That is the beauty of choice. I am not imposing my choice on you so therefore you should not make me choose that what you would. Your religious beliefs are that of Smith's. I choose not to believe what he and you believe that does not make you any better or more so misinformed or informed than me.

If you were forced to become Catholic would you do so without question or say, No I want to choose and make an informed decision?

Cassi

• Aaron2
    Aaron2

I believe in the first ammendment right as well. I believe that you should have the right to voice your opinion and stand up for whatever you believe in, even if that belief is that women should have the right to have an abortion. I'm all for that, and would never want to stop someone from being able to voice their opinion or vote the way they believe. I believe everyone should vote the way they believe. I believe our laws should represent the beliefs and morals of the people. If we turn out to be a society that has no morals, then let our laws represent that and we'll face the consequences together.

I'm very active in politics and religion. I'm working for the next governor of Utah, Jon Huntsman Jr. He's running for governor and has the best chance of winning. My job was to place signs all around Salt Lake City for the primary election. I had a guy tell me that he didn't want a sign on his fence because he doesn't like to get involved in politics, or other things like that. He assured me that no other signs of our opponent would go up on his fence either to be fair to everyone. I thanked him anyway, and said it was too bad. As I walked away though, I thought in my mind, I'd rather see a John Kerry sign up in your yard than to know that you have no desire to give back to the community or stand up for what you believe in. The man was a hard core fence sitter.

People should use their first ammendment right more often, otherwise it will be taken away from us. I believe the Liberals are doing everything they can to shut the conservatives up by telling them that they shouldn't stand up for what they believe in, since their beliefs stem from the religion, and that would be a mixture of church and state. It's a sad thing when many conservatives buy into it and don't vote, or worse....don't vote their consience. Many people need to grow some balls and use them.....and I'm not talking about making babies... ;)

Aaron2

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I believe in the first ammendment right as well. I believe that you should have the right to voice your opinion and stand up for whatever you believe in, even if that belief is that women should have the right to have an abortion.

Voicing your opinion is one thing. Stopping another from exercising that which they choose to do such as have an abortion is another. If as you say let the TV ads you favor run that is fine. This comes down to 'informend choice' on a woman's part IMO. You wish to inform me if I were a wanting an abortion you believe it is aginst gods will and you think I am wrong--that is also your choice to do so.

On the other hand those who are choice have the same right, to tell these women this is a fetus, not a baby, that one has a choice.

Blowing up clinics, killing doctors, killing women who want to assert their chioce, throwing acid, burning clinics, using hate and threats and using force tactics are not acceptable. Tactics so extreme and murderous that I see no difference between them and Terrorists like Al-Queda-- They are using fear as are some Pro Lifers. Why worry about being blown up by an airplane on 9-11, when you can be blown up trying to save your life or exercising your rights?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/30/newsid_2547000/2547637.stm

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Crazy... nice to know we agree sometimes! 8-)

Aaron

So who gets to decide what a religious moral is, and what's not one. Is saying murder is wrong a religious moral, or is it a scientific fact....or non-religious fact? Who decides that?

You believe abortion is wrong because you believe in a seperate spirit element to human being that has never been proved. This makes you hold zygotes to be 'worth' as much as a grown adult as they are both 'the same'.

As many people believe that, say, eight cells or even a 12-week old fetus doesn't have enough compexity to be human, your belief is religious. You have no physcial evidence for your claim.

The murder of an adult human being is obviously a different case and something that almost everyone agrees is wrong.

So, where's the plates? Did God remove all the evidence of the book of Morons truth as a trick for the unfaithful?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit