Abortion...

by Lostreality 215 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

convinient isn't it ? ... NO CHOICE for the civilians !

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

dle poste

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

No choice for the baby either.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

There are not born yet and not ready to at 12 weeks ... You'll take care maybe ? (of the mother and the baby ? um ?)

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Some fanatics are even threatening and killing DOC's to save the baby

When you know how much people (alive) a DOC can save

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Some fanatics are even threatening and killing DOC's to save the baby

They are fanatics indeed, and denounced by the pro-life movement. We just see this issue different, we'll have to agree to disagree.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

... ok ... (we can agree to disagree) if some of you denounced it and works against it ...

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

lol I doubt I'll view life less than life just because I've been out of an organization for a while. Feel deeply that every child should have a chance; doubt that's so wrong and cult inspired. But of course I know we don't live in those days that's why I'm pretty much pro-choice. Lol I know some of the people here would hate it if they weren't born. Of course you wouldn't know but oh well.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Obviously:

lol I doubt I'll view life less than life just because I've been out of an organization for a while.

Not what I meant, sorry if I didn't make it clear.

The reasons you were TAUGHT unborn babies (even one ounce and one inch long ones, or smaller) are equal to humans are faith-based. You may choose in your new life to take them with you as you remake your paradigm.

Feel deeply that every child should have a chance; doubt that's so wrong and cult inspired.

I agree that every CHILD (as in individual) should have a choice.

Are you aware good old mother nature herself allows less than half of fertilised eggs to implant, and spontaneously aborts many implanted eggs at such an early stage the mother is unlikely to be aware of them?

If you regard every fertilised egg as a child, then natural processes kill far more than abortion... and this is at a stage when it's a blastocyst; a lump of cells. Quite why blind fate can decide this and it's okay, and a woman who simply can't cope/afford or want a baby cannot I don;t know.

I respect your right to an opinion if you choose to see fertilised eggs as individual in the same way as a child, but hold a different opinion myself.

Please realise until I studied some Biology at University, I was also very divided by the issue. Now it's over 24 weeks - risk to the mother's life or severe abnormality are the only good reasons. 12-24 weeks okay but less so with every passing week, within 12 weeks good morning after pill best.

I'm sure you'll figure out what makes sense to you.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I personally don't believe anymore that a child in the womb is a "person" or a "soul" until it has reached a certain point of development. I had a miscarriage (no choice there) but yet now I've come to realise that because it was very early I miscarried a foetus (or even an embryo...not sure how many weeks = foetus). The upset comes from the sadness of never knowing who that foetus would become (and of course all the emotional upset of thinking you are pregnant one minute and not being the next).

My point is that from a spiritual standpoint I don't think that all unborn babies are imbued with a soul from the moment of conception. Just my opinion of course.

I'm pro choice particularly before a certain stage of development of the child, but once the child is past say 20 wks I think that only under very extreme circumstances should the pregnancy be terminated (e.g. high risk of death to the mother or extreme malformation of the child to the point where it would have no quality of life whatsoever).

I for one would rather not have been born than to have been born only to die of starvation years later (as in 3rd world countries) or to live like a vegetable or whatever,

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit