So What The Hell Are You?

by shamus 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I'm the new "American Jezebel" lol. Anyone read the book by Eve LaPlante?

I DAd myself when I realized I was being scapegoated (I figured it was better to go out on my own terms), but never gave a reason for leaving, which gave the elders no ammunition and subsequently ticked one off.

I was a target of a witch hunt before that, though. It had nothing to do with spirituality, and everything to do with the fact that a "worldly" brother- and sister-in-law (who just happened to be high school friends of Elder Witch Hunter) were incensed because my husband bought the family business and they wanted it. They made accusations of immorality about me, and the hunt was on.

The leave and say nothing has worked pretty well. Several others I know well started fading shortly after my kids and I left. But right now, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to become a more vocal Apostate or keep doing things the way I've been doing them.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I've heard it all. I'm a schizo who turned Satanist to a homosexual to an "Unbaptized Apostate".

In all reality, I'm just somebody who called their bluff when they said "Reading apostate material is wrong." and I found out the truth.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I'm with Dan-O:

I don't give a shit what they say. I was never baptized. I still talk to my JW relatives, although not so much as when I didn't bring all this up... They have no jurisdiction over me. I don't CARE what they say. They suck, and the whole platform sucks and I hope they will melt into the hard core of the earth.

CG

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was an unbaptized associate....(raised in the trooth but never took the plunge).

So I guess disappeared is the best term too. I wonder if anyone in it would still remember me anyway (older ppl having died off and younger ppl having left).

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The Enemy

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

just faded and an apostate right now.

But there are still a few JW's who are thinking that i am "worth" to talk with. Maybe they haven't seen the light yet that I am "lost", or they think that they can rescue me....

That however will not last very long i'm afraid: Viv told an elder from a neighbouring congragation that I am under her influence and - when they want me back, they first have to convince her (Viv).

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

I'm called a disassociated apostate. But I call myself Free.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Weak, seeking invisibility.

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

Inactive and most likely marked. When I run into a JW I always go up and say hello to them, with a big smile on my face, some of them get this scared look on their face. Don't know if it's my imagination but it happens alot.

Hapgood

• shera
    shera

DA and proud!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit