• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:
    And... breathe....

Do we feel better now?

Love ya, dude

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

There are few ideas more abhorrent than that of "unconditional love". The words to me conjure up an image of a grinning idiot who loves everyone and everything without distinction. He loves Saddam Hussein with as much fervour as he loves his own children.

He loves his wife. Why? Because she's beautiful, intelligent, kind and warm and makes him laugh? Not at all. He loves her unconditionally, not because of her wonderful qualities but because he loves everybody and everything. She can feel no special pride about being loved by him. To be loved by such a person is no achievement. It can bring no satisfaction, no happiness. Love is meaningless without conditions.

Love that which is good, enjoyable and peaceful. Hate that which corrupts and destroys.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hate corrupts and destroys.

Love everything, that it might be seen as good, enjoyable and peaceful.

(granted some cancers need excising, and some loves need pampering - but lets not mix our "loves" here...)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Love everything, that it might be seen as good, enjoyable and peaceful.

Not everything should be seen as good, enjoyable or peaceful. That which is repugnant and harmful should be seen as such so that it can be avoided or destroyed.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Some things which are repugnant and harmful are cancerous, no?

Alternatively, that "bad boss" may be a loving parent...

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

Hate corrupts and destroys. Love everything, that it might be seen as good, enjoyable and peaceful.

I think hate,,has a place in a persons life that can be good. Not all hate is bad just some, namely the kind that screws u up. Some hate can make you soar above obsticles and acomplish more,,it sometimes can make you do heroic things that brings blessing to many. So what I'm saying is don't try to get rid of hate all together,,selctivity is the word for what I'm trying to say.

To love everything sounds way too simple, fraught with problems and frustration,,Selectivity might be better.IMO

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Some things which are repugnant and harmful are cancerous, no?

Yes, which is why they should be hated.

Alternatively, that "bad boss" may be a loving parent...

Of course he may, and his children will probably love him for it. They have a reason to. I don't.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What about repressed hatred?? I've read that this type of hatred if not dealt with or allowed to give expression has the bad effect of turning on you and making you hate yourself.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

IMHO hate and anger may have short-term benefits in raising adrenaline levels for specific activity, but long-term it's damaging. Even in the occasions that it is used like that, I would suggest there are other methods for getting the desired effect.
    For this reason I see no purpose in hating anyone of anything, especially someone that we may have to deal with on a relatively long-term basis (like a boss).

It's damaging - medically proven...

It's not that without, but how we deal with it within.
    If you can't deal with it, remove it from your life. It doesn't take hate to achieve that.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

It's not that without, but how we deal with it within.
    If you can't deal with it, remove it from your life. It doesn't take hate to achieve that.

That just sounds too simple. If you can't deal with it,,just remove it? How? By just repressing it??? I don't think so,,there has to be some resolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit