Love Is... The Meaning of Life!

by FMZ 115 Replies latest jw friends

• skittles4u
    skittles4u
    It's is because of this unconditional love

Is unconditional love really possible?

• bebu
    bebu

I agree with you, FMZ. Love is the meaning of life!

If one really did "gain the world", what would be the only thing to ruin it? Lack of love, either by lack of people who love me or by people for me to love, or worse, by my own inability to love.

Love is the best and most noble and wonderful gift from God, trait of man, and present we give each other. It is what makes life WORTH living. And it is, I think, the strand by which God will pull us into eternity if we allow Him.

Some people discredit love because they only know of the shallower versions of it. But anyone who determines to pursue it thru life will be transformed by it.

bebu

• Jasmine
    Jasmine

Love betrays it's very meaning if it is conditional

I know it's simplistic to say that and perhaps even naive, but I believe that as rare as it is, true, raw, real love is not dependant on anything, has no variables or constraints...it just is.

• skittles4u
    skittles4u

But isn't it natural for humans to put conditions on everything, especially love?

For example my girlfriend loves me on many conditions, the way I treat her. If I started abusing her I believe that love would be lost.

• gumby
    gumby
    If God IS love, and is omnipresent, then ....................

LT,

Then why doesn't he eliminate human suffering and death? I still want to know you kilt wearin bastage!!!!

Gumblaster

• Jasmine
    Jasmine

Skittles...

I can't answer for your girlfriend, but I know that the one person I truly love in my life, I always will. Even if we seperate or our relationship dies...I will always love him.

Granted I fully realize that the issue of love is broad and encompasses many levels. But again real love is for good.

P.S. As funny as it is, I went to the vending machine here at work and bought skittles after seeing your post....lol

• skittles4u
    skittles4u
    P.S. As funny as it is, I went to the vending machine here at work and bought skittles after seeing your post....lol

Thus my name - "skittles4u" Lisa Simpson

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Hail Whitney Houstons debut # 1 song ca.1995 "The greatest love of all is to love yourself".Jesus Christ # 2 commandment "love your neighbor AS yourself".So,the Bible (which i acknowledge as a creed for millions) sez; "to love yourself" A healthy dose of self esteem is proper.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

one can only begin to understand the meaning and indepth expressions of love. Here is a quote from Helen Keller one of America's famous persons who through her disability saw life for what is was.

Helen Keller:

" The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart."

She was an incrediable human being.

Alfred Lord Tennyson:

"It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all"

"Where there is love there is life."

Author: Indira Gandhi

Love is a perpetual force and I have it. Orangefatcat

All my love Orangefatcat....

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

FMZ,

That was a beautiful post and all I can say is ......because I have loved, I'm receiving love in return. There are so many ways to show love, but for me the love of God is first.

Why am I happy? Because I matter to God!

HappyDad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit