Love Is... The Meaning of Life!

by FMZ 115 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Love Is... The Meaning of Life!

maybe life as no meaning "we just are alive" and love can help to stay alive better and longer ...

• FMZ
    FMZ

Mark, very interesting sentiments.

I agree that "love" is often misconstrued as the "wuvvy duvvey" kind of love when discussing these things. As you say, it is more of an all encompassing love, rather than a directed love. The quotes you brought out were inspiring and very true.

Oh, and kudos on your poem mate, beautiful.

FMZ

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Keith:

...an all encompassing love, rather than a directed love

You mean you can't direct the all encompassing love?

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Any chance love could be beating the Yankees in seven, coming back from 0-3?

I dunno, just a thought?

Or could love be watching them do it with your son in the same room sharing it?

• FMZ
    FMZ

Ross:

I love you mate... you pedantic bastard.. lol.

But yes, I agree that it can be directed, but we can't always consciously be throwing love about the place... sometimes we need to just let it be there, all warm and cuddly. :)

CJ:

Yep mate... sounds like you've got a pretty good handle on what love is. Love can be anything, including sitting and watching your favorite team with your son. Beautiful mate. :))

FMZ

• bem
    bem

FMZ and the rest of you thanks for bringing this Topic back up to the top.

This was an interesting read when it originally came up, And now has taken on a new meaning to me.Following a few discussions lately. So I'm glad it came up to remind me how simply,complex the meaning of love is. hehe. Seriously!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit