Love Is... The Meaning of Life!

by FMZ 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena

I think love gives life meaning...but I'm not sure I would say it IS the meaning OF life...

Still working that one out....

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup
    Dang skunks... they always stink up a discussion

Uh huh! And cookies, too, from what I hear..........!

enjoy ur night Growed....

You, too! Don't let the bed bugs bite!!!

growedup

• shotgun
    shotgun

Your just a luvey dovey guy FMZ

Shotgun:

After that cookie, everything went weird... I was in bed, and it was dark... then all of a sudden there was this bright light, and a tall man silhouetted wearing a bright white robe. And he said unto me... "Hey man, these hotel robes are pretty nice ain't they... now where did we put that bottle of Tequila?" It was almost a religious experience. But then Gumby turned the bathroom light out and went to bed.

I only said I thought you found Jesus because I went to your room in Dallas one night around 5 am and I heard you yelling "Jesus get off me, Jesus get off me" so I never interupted the religious experience you were having.

I actually had a religious experience on the trip as well... On Saturday night after we ate all that chili Winston passed gas in our room around 3 am and it was the closest I've ever been to hell, honestly it was a tempest that tore paint off the walls and caused me to speak in tongues until I could get the window open...hallelujah.

Now ..back to the love nest.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Shotgun.... roflmao... you are hilarious mate...

FMZ

• Larry
    Larry

"To love is not to ask anything in return, not even to feel that you are giving something?and it is only such love that can know freedom. " ~ Krishnamurti, Think on These Things

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Great bumper sticker that stuck in my head when I was leaving the Org after fighting their conditional love program.

IF NOT FOR LOVE THEN WHY?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"Ten thousand words not as good as one action."

• FMZ
    FMZ

You know, after about 5 months of studying, researching various belief systems, and even experimenting and changing my own, I still wholly believe that "Love is the meaning of life"... when you really get down to the basis, the very foundation of many of the "enlightened" belief systems, you invariably find love to be the very thing we live for.

Yep, I still love you all.

FMZ

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Still love you back FMZ, and since day one, too!

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

A lot of spiritual teachers won't talk about love that much because there is a tendancy to think one is referring to the emotional affect, when they are not just talking about a feeling. But of course this isn't to say that love cannot exist right along with that feeling (since ultimately it includes everything) but people tend to equate it with that because there is not a distinction in the mind of some who may be "high on love."

Now having said that, some thoughts which come to mind:

"Love is the meaning and purpose of duality." -Nisargadatta

"To study the self is to forget the self, to forget the self is to be enlightened by the ten thousand things." -Zen master Dogen

A thought that I had come to mind sitting around at work, which I made into something like a poem:

"I realized what enlightenment is today - it's falling in love with the world.
    Suffering is nothing but a lovers' quarrel, waking up is realizing we were always meant to be together."

To me this all points to the same thing, it's not so much the idea of an I that loves an you, but more like we are in love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit