What.........you lost me.

• talesin
    talesin

{{{{{homey}}}}}

I lurvs ya, babe.

t

• bebu
    bebu

I agree with you, growedup; I don't think you are a party-pooper. We don't see any guaranteed return equation.

Love still gets multiplied, even though the original person might never be aware of it. It's the risk you take when you love, though--to perhaps never know how it multiplied before you die. The world is full of stories of people who died without knowing, and such people really inspire me.

bebu

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

The word Love has become so bastardized by religion, hollywood, fairytales, that it really does not carry the same impact it once may have conveyed.

To me simple acts of kindness......a smile, an offer to clear the dirty dishes, a pat on the back, willingness to be seen in a bad light, or able to take the brunt of joke, ability to laugh at oneself, ........selflessness is the true representation of love.

Funny how people with that ability are always in demand. They are shining stars among the dull and dreary common everyday, all to often norm of those who see the world in terms of me, me, me.

Danny

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Beware - esoteric moment.....

When we give out "love"/"positive energy" (assuming it isn't sucked up ravenously by vamps) it returns to us in spades as a feedback loop is set up. It's somehow amplified.
    Try it with plants, some time - they dont have agendas.
    Just going from experimental experience...

• gumby
    gumby
    When we give out "love"/"positive energy" it returns to us in spades as a feedback loop is set up. It's somehow amplified.
    Just going from experimental experience...

I'll try it with "some plants" and if they give back like you say........then I'll make some cookies with them and bring them to the next fest.

Actually LT.....that was an intresting comment. I liked it.

Gumby

• bisous
    bisous

lmao, LT

i think i'm gonna try dating a rhodedendron! j/k, for some reason this really struck my funny bone.....

p.s. i agree with the serious aspect of your comment, the suggestion just tickled me......

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

"Some plants are better than others"
    (sung to Morrisey's "Some girls are bigger than others").

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I thought the meaning of life was that every sperm is sacred.

Oh sorry...damn Monty Python on in the background again...

and now for something completely different...

Funny how people with that ability are always in demand. They are shining stars among the dull and dreary common everyday, all to often norm of those who see the world in terms of me, me, me.
    Danny--I really liked this, seems pretty true to me. I also TOTALLY agree about the bastardization of "love" in our society.
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I take issue with the title of this thread "Love is the meaning of life" but if it was titled "Love gives meaning to your life" well then I would agree.

The theme as it stands is full of,, wishfull thinking based on a very selective view of thing and based on pure emotionalism,,which ignores the "realities" of this universe.

First we need to define just what you mean by "Love":

I think the definition is vague,,but implys feelings of warmth, nurturing, caring,that is totally unselfishly based. That's the thought I get from the word "Love".

Now to say that some type of "creator" made this universe and has this pure type of "love" is simplistic wishful thinking,,that ignores the suffering, or atleast makes up excusses for it and labels the catastrofies that destroy life with the blinking of an eye,,as,, loving???. Stars go supper-nova and wipe out all life with in many hundred of light years of this explosion. Tornado's,,hurricains,flood's,famine,disease,war,man eating beast,asteriods wiping out most of earth animal life every 100,000,000 years, human cruelty to each other,,etc.....

And this jesus who was supposed to always be loving,,what a load of wishful interpetation of the Bible,,sure he taught people to love your neighbor,, big deal,,that's not some new novel idea,,it's as old as the hills,,and been around way before jesus came to be. And don't forget jesus is suppose to come back again and destroy people for not beleiving in him,,at least that is what the Bible says,, and these beleivers in jesus have a real hard time with that one,,why??,,, because they have to trust him and becareful that their faith doesn't waver or they will end up with no faith and be destroyed at armadgedon. So what does the believer do with this inconsistancy of a supposed loving god??,,, Ignore the facts and color the picture so much until jesus looks like a saint,,wishful thinking,,delusional,,and down right illogical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit