• FMZ
    FMZ
    STFU FMZ!!!

I LOVE YOU VALIS

FMZ

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FMZ,

Well I think you are not entirely honest here.

Why not be a good, loving person? That's what it is all about.... let me reiterate the closing lines of my original post.

While you gave us you closing,,don't forget the middle part of your original post:

When I started reading the Bible (specifically the New Testament) with an open mind, something struck me about the character known as Jesus... he was, quite simply, the personification of love. Everything he did was totally selfless, right down to the end when he offered up his life for us.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."
    John 3:16 (NIV)

In life, Jesus preached only love... he did not preach religion, nor hellfire, nor anything else, only love. In fact, the only two laws we are given in the New Testament are to love God wholly, and love everyone else as you love yourself. Two simple rules that would change the world completely.

Clearly you were implying that there is a god that is perfectly loveing and that :Love is the meaning of life. You also implied that jesus is suppose to be this epitomy of love,,which I consider rubbishly wishful thinking not based on facts but wishful thinking that turns a blind eye to anything that does not support you idea of jesus.
  • FMZ
    FMZ

Frankie:

I apologize if my beliefs have somehow imposed on your own. In my original post I intended (apparently wasn't too successful) to make it clear that no matter what belief structure you have or rely on, even to the point of having no belief structure at all, loving makes the world a better place. Whether you believe in Jesus and God, or are an atheist, a buddhist, monk, agnostic... it does not matter! The world will be a better place if we all just love.

And to make a correction, I guess I should originally have named this thread "Love Is... MY Meaning of Life"

FMZ

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

FMZ,

Yes, that's the point,,the theme was inccorect,,and implied a great deal of wishful thinking.

I agree we should have more love in our life,and hearts which will give more meaning to "ourselves", and not "the meaning of life" because who really knows the meaning of life???

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Ok, FMZ! Hint taken!!

Frankie - thanks for your support!

LT - you have a pm!

growedup

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Frankie:I think you're being overly pedantic.

IMHO I think the thread title is entirely correct (but then I would, since it fits my worldview, too).

If you have an alternative to "the meaning to life", then lets hear it. Until then, perhaps you should let FMZ's comments stand, without beration.

Unlike leaving JW's in an abusive environment, his belief hurts no-one.
    Even in that situation, some are retiscent about removing someone (especially parents of advanced age) from that environment if they have nothing to replace it with.

So why attack his framework for the sake of it?

Back to the thread title:
    I would take this chain of comments (oblivious of getting into a creation debate):

IMHO "God is omnipresent" and "God is Love". Therefore love is everywhere, in everything.
    Moving that from a theological level to a philosophical one, I'd add the connection - love IS everything, hence the meaning of life.

Try replacing the word "God" with positive energy, in that formula, and you may just halfway agree with me.
    The only extra step that I'm adding to that is attributing intelligence to that "energy".

• gumby
    gumby

I think some get a little sensative, red flags go up, and a defense is taken, if "Jesus" is used as the example rather than say.....Ghandi. Because many of us become soured on religion, the bible, or god, we assume when one speaks of Jesus.....they are pushing a christian lifestyle/belief on us. That's not always the case.

I also feel Jesus is a good example as far as how to be as a human should be ...in most of what was written of him, and that he is the one who comes to mind before all others. The reason is....he's the one most of us are familiar with.

Now then........is FMZ forgiven?

Gumby

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

"Gumby.... the Great Equalizer".....

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You!!!

growedup

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gumby:

Now then........is FMZ forgiven?

Emphatically, no!!!. After sharing a room with you he's become a b*st*rd, too!!!
    LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit