Love Is... The Meaning of Life!

by FMZ 115 Replies latest jw friends

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Too bad theres no love here. <meaning me>

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ahhhh FMZ dont tell me you're going all soft on us now are you? Buck up brother. :)

j/k that's cute

I agree. Not the romantic type, but Love in general. I've reached a point in my life where I'm done fighting everything, it's so pointless. How much better to let more love in to your life and let that love touch other people. It's a beautiful gift we were given, teh ability to love, why waste it?

chevy of the 'big ol softy' class

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    Why the 'godless' practice altruism. [Romans 2 14] "Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law," The above text is a Biblical description of the,"godless barbarians".What is this 'law unto themselves'?It's what anthropologist( scientist who study human culture) call the (4) four universal taboos.They are: (1) The 'doctrine of self preservation',simply put wanting to stay alive.(2)Need for food and shelter.(3) Sex drive (procreation) (4) Incest taboo( you don't procreate with your blood kin, messes up the gene pool). All humans have these pre-programed instincts.No matter who/what/where you may be, you instinctively "know better" not to do naughty stuff.. All lucid beings then,have a built in 'conscience' to know good from bad.EXCEPT: the psychopaths The Watchtower is run by psychopaths The Greatest Commandment : [ Matthew 22:34-40 34]Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: 36"Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'[2] 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'[3] 40All the Law and the Prophets hang on these """ two""" commandments." The prehistoric 'caveman' had only FOUR rules in his life.Along comes Jesus Christ who say's there only only TWO rules in life. The Watchtower Borganization on the other hand has rules up the ass.... http://www.freeminds.org/doctrine/rules.htm ....Now,are we made in God's image,or did we make God in man's image?
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I highly doubt that "Love" is the meaning of life. Love is not a single thing, but it's a combination of things. It also depends on the person. Love is a combination of emotions, actions and reactions. Those three can be broken down into smaller pieces as well. Here's some examples:

Emotion: happy, sad, excited, angry

Action: kind acts, physical touch, speaking, controlling

Reaction: surprised, upset, physical action, speaking, facial expression

These all vary, depending on the person. Love cannot consist of the same things. It all depends on how the individual views the concept of "Love"

• FMZ
    FMZ

Bem:

I'm glad you have also found the joys of love. And sometimes, yes, it is the small things that really count...

Talesin:

I understand what you mean, and to be honest, I did verge on not using scriptures at all, but I decided to use them as an example. I tried to make it clear that belief system is optional... I really did!

Orangefatcat:

Awww... a warm and fuzzy little orange fat cat... dontcha just love it... hehe

Danny:

It's all good mate. You are loved in more ways than you know.

Shotgun:

After that cookie, everything went weird... I was in bed, and it was dark... then all of a sudden there was this bright light, and a tall man silhouetted wearing a bright white robe. And he said unto me... "Hey man, these hotel robes are pretty nice ain't they... now where did we put that bottle of Tequila?" It was almost a religious experience. But then Gumby turned the bathroom light out and went to bed.

Seriously though mate... thanks. Though I also have to disagree on something... im no smart... i jus luvs u

Danny again (lol):

I'll be honest with you, I still don't quite get the reason that Jesus had to die as he did. But, what I see, is that whether he had to or not, he did that death (IMHO)... and that is good enough for me

Puter:

You have just wrote in two sentences what it took me a whole page to write... lol, I guess I just like the sound of my own keyboard... thanks though mate, what you say is so true...

Danny.. yes... again:

Yep, you are getting it... altruism is everything... the key is to check your ego at the door, get a healthy dose of altruism administered, then eat a humble pie every day.... you'll soon feel the love

Allgrowedup:

It's an honest question, you're no party pooper... You see, the kind of love we need to express on a daily basis is not the kind of love that we "fall in love" with. It is just a general love... just like you love a friend, or even a sibling. It's not a passionate love (trust me, having that kinda love for everyone gets you in all sorts of trouble lol)... As far as the "payback" goes... the answer may not be immediately visible....................

FMZ:

D'oh, thats me... these long posts with multiple people get me so confused...

FMZ

• bisous
    bisous

Great discussion ....

IMO "Love Is...The Meaning of Life!" because love lets you know you are ALIVE, not because it always makes you feel good, but because it makes you FEEL, and we aren't living wholly if we are not remaining open to all aspects of feeling emotions....whether good or bad.

I've said it in prior posts, Life can be a wounding...in fact if we are living wholly it will absolutely at one point or another be a wounding..... along with a myriad of wonderful experiences too... http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/65744/1017966/post.ashx#1017966 But really ... isn't that how we know we are ALIVE?

so wall yourself in from love at your own peril....you'll risk wasting the one ABSOLUTELY KNOWN life that you have .... at least to some degree....and putting conditions on the experience (even saying it has to be unconditional is a condition you know) only further limits the possibilities of your existence(life) here...........

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    It all depends on how the individual views the concept of "Love"

great point nos

• FMZ
    FMZ

Obviously:

Love and be loved...

Chevies:

Trust me... I never go soft on a chick, if ya know what I mean... <nudge nudge> But yes, it's not all wuvvy duvvy romantic... truly a gift... what to do with it though? ("You received free, give free")

Nos:

You do make a good point... what really is love? The only way to know... is to experience giving and receiving... hehe

Biz:

Yup, life can be wounding... in fact, I hear that it is terminal... and isn't it just great to absolutely know that you are really loved... and you are, you beautiful little frenchy

FMZ

• Jasmine
    Jasmine

Just a note from personal experience, it was love that made me feel safe enough to aim for a better life. Before I knew it in it's truest sense, I feared everything. Now I feel safe and secure enough to be myself and aim for the life I've always dreamed of. It's is because of this unconditional love that I don't dread tomorrow, but rather long for the chance at it.

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go

• talesin
    talesin

growedup

I don't understand how "it comes back to you"

To comment on your Enquiry, as this is one premise I feel strongly about.

Here's how I see it. In my experience, the love often does not come back to you from the object upon which you bestow it. My process was/is this.

First, love oneself. The benefits are constant and you receive them directly.

Second, love others.

Make performing both random and specific acts of love and kindness a part of who you are. Acting in this fashion helps one to let go of frustration, and strive for inner peace that is then manifested toward others even more. It works for me, although I still have my moments of anger and frustration, to be sure!

There will be times in life when you receive amazing gifts from unexpected sources. You think to yourself "why would they be so kind to me? How did they know how much I needed that?" There is your payback. Your love has 'come back to you'. The energy you are putting out will come back to you, not from that neighbour but from someone else, perhaps when you least expect it.

tal

ps. to FMZ, I could see that, we got back on track, and the discussion is now following your intent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit