The day a brother died in my Hall, & the unbelievable events that followed.

by Mr Ben 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Odrade
    Odrade
    I guess the lesson of this thread is don't you dare die during any time that the WTBTS has something scheduled.

Bwahahaha! Tammy, you are too precious!

O

• uriah
    uriah

I don't think the incidents reported here are exceptions. I think it is the rule of thumb. when we were loylish dubs, my daughter declared her intent not to be a JW. We were upset about this but went to the CA anyway. When we told our 'friends' they said 'oh well, you can have more children in the new world'. Their faces were smiling the kingdom smile and were totally unconcerened that a girl who they had know all her life was had made this decison, she was 'dead' to them. We faded not long after.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

What's up with that "Poster's PC possibly has spyware" background in soledad's post?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Wow. This thread is unbelievable, yet, having been raised as a dub, I know that these experiences are true.

I have a friend that died playing a sports game,, his death was used as an infomercial of why sports are bad.

During a convention in Rochester, MN. I recall that a young child had either been hurt or even drowned in the local river/stream that circled the convention center.

This ofcourse was used as an example as well. No sympathy was given,, only fear was spewed from the platform about the incident.

I believe the j-dubs are too afraid to stop a meeting to care for a dying loved one. Fear is the only reason that most attend these f'ing meetings.

• Sirona
    Sirona

I think it must happen often.

At my old hall, a man collapsed and about 5 people got up to help him. They dragged him to the back of the hall. A couple more people got up to help. The talk continued, the meeting continued. An ambulance arrived and they took him away.

The next meeting the congregation was harshly counselled for the fact that so many had gotten up to help and caused a disturbance!!! They actually announced that they had allocated about 3 individuals who would react in such situations, and everyone else was told that in such a situation they should remain in their seat!

Sirona

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I'm stunned by reading this thread - the FIRST thing I 'saw' was the ''Milgram Experiment'' (Obedience to Authority Study).-

http://www.age-of-the-sage.org/psychology/milgram_obedience_experiment.html

Very briefly, it's a psychologiacl experiment which demonstrates how people will obey 'authority' in favour of their own feelings. If you're not familiar with it, I THOROUGHLY recommend you read it in regards to this thread.

Regarding this thread, think of the Congregation members / subjects, who obeyed the CO/PO, rather than what they KNEW to be the correct action. AFTER the Milgram experiment, some/ many subjects (been a long time since I studied, lol) suffered psychological damage, and I imagine the same would be true of Congregation members.

• barry
    barry

What an unhealthy lot you JWs are dying at church like that. Ive only witnessed one incident when an elderly lady took a heart turn and the sermon was immediately stopped the ambulance was called but the dear sister recovered. This same sister always claimed she had visions from God would tell the minister or others in charge about the visions but no one told me what the visions were all about.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Here in the NYcity/NJ area I have seen the following reguarding snow:

15 years ago and beyond.... nothing would cancel a meeting

15 to today..... even icy rain, or if the KH has not been properly plowed the meeting will be cancelled

• mouthy
    mouthy

so sorry about these sad situations.

I remember a wonderful family- He was an elder in Montreal... They were attending an assembly in another town- On the way home a Truck hit the back of the Mobile home..Their youngest daughter was in there sleeping -she was killed. One of the brothers mentioned "Well the Elder was at fault .He did not obey Ceaser"--( you were not supposed to be in the back while on the road) So that was why Jehovah did not save her!!!!

But all these people are more to be pitied than blamed.... We were so under mind control werent we?
    I was such a Faaithful slave. I remember a woman visitor came to the Sunday meeting for the first time. She had a young baby , who kept crying, So I went over to her & offered to look after the little one ,she passed her over After all I wanted her to HEAR the important message from Jehovah ( sic) as I was returning to the back of the hall -I twisted my ankle - the baby stopped crying, I sat there as the baby slept in my arms & my foot swelled & swelled -I couldnt put it on the ground it was so painful but I sat the two hours in pain. Because I couldnt interupt the talk SO IMPORTANT... When it was all over two brothers had to carry me out LOL ...".Oh what a weaving web we weave when we are PRACTISING to deceive"....So forgive them they know not what they do

• blondie
    blondie

There have been an official plan as to how to handle such medical emergencies. I can remember the elders asking who had EMT training or CPR training and how to handle "fluid" spills. 2 sisters who were RNs were included in this although the attendants were men.

I don't think it would be good for 15 people to run back to help someone in medical distress...it would be good for any qualified medical people to be the ones.

As to continuing the meeting while this is happening....poor taste...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit