The day a brother died in my Hall, & the unbelievable events that followed.

by Mr Ben 125 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Rocketman, this is not the exception.

Sad to say it is the rule and has happened other times as well.

Years ago I went to a convention in Montreal and it was blistering out...the place it was held had a huge cover that could be pulled up if need be but that week end something was wrong with it and it did not work.. thus NO A/C and searing sun beating on us for 4 days. Two or three elderly died during that time. I had to stay as I was riding with someone else, some uber dubs. I am certain that these elderly people had to ride with others also.

There were many cases of heat exhaustion- all ages- heart attacks and those idiots announced it from the platform!!! Of course they followed each announcement with brothers and sisters you will be blessed by staying for each course of Jahs spiritual food. Babies and little people were red and wilting. God, I was so mad I wanted to scream!!! One sister had twins in an elevator as well. Why she came there instead of the hospital I will never, ever know. Devout ms. hubby? Perhaps super elder hubby?

Why the city did not step in I will never ever know.

cab

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I was studying with a man, about 65, who had a massive heart attack about five minutes into the public talk. He was basically brain dead. We called 911. The meeting stopped, the chairs were all pulled away from him to give room for the rescue workers to work. They got a heart beat but he died 10 days later in the hospital when the resperator was removed. The meeting was canceled. I just wanted to post this so people don't think that just because the congregation mentioned before was run by heartless nutjobs, that all are that way.

Generalizations are just not reasonable, they are convenient when we wish to find reason to hate what has hurt us.

W.Once

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

I too missed this thread some time back and am glad it has resurfaced.

I am just heart broken by all of these horrific stories. Can any of you imagine Jesus acting this way if one of his apostles had dropped dead? He sure as hell wouldn't have acted the way these moronic JW elders act. I can see Jesus being compassionate and caring and being concerned with the feeling of the other apostles.

Some where along the way JW 's have become callous and heartless. What an example they are to all. Baffoons. that is what they are. Except for the weaker ones in the Hall who seem to be more spritiual then the body of elders and ms.

My dad was giving a public talk in a neighbouring KH and he had a stroke part way through his talk and a couple of sisters, went right up on the stage and assisted my dad to the steps of the platform and tried to keep him conscious until the ambulance arrived. these sisters stayed with him the whole time waiting for help. The sisters never told me if they continued with the meeting as she made it seem as if they waited for help until continuing the meeting. This is only one example I know of where they were kinder then most.

however I do have a horror story to tell you about . This happened in the service in the winter time in November 1999. I was in the hospital beside a lady who was suffering so badly and I felt so bad for her. Not knowing she was a JW as she said nothing to me or I to her about me being a witness. I was too in a bad way but I did try and help this lady who was in horrific pain. She showed me her severe injury and then she told me a car ran over her as she was getting out of the car and then the driver rebacked over her leg again all the while she was screaming in agony. I felt how awful.

Someone was going to have to pay and I asked her if she w as going to sue that driver. I think she said she was thinking about it. Later in the evening a couple came into visit her and they looked kind of familiar, but I said nothing but hello. The next day they came again and I could here them using words such as brothers and sisters. I thought I wonder if this wonderful lady is a witness. As the couple were visiting her I said to the person I believe I know you as I have seen you before but didn't remember from where, and then she said to me, aren't you Brother Nixon's oldest daughter, Terry?" I said y es this is me . Oh she said its so nice to see you again. I thought okay big deal.. Anyway I put two and two together, but said nothing until this witness and her elder husband left.

I said to the women whose name I now knew to be Vera. She told me she was so happy I was a witness and she said that explains why I was so kind to her. I said to her ..is that the brother who drove over your leg twice ?? She said yes. She was very upset and crying. She told me that the witnesses are not always nice. She said the brother hadn't even apologized for what he had done. Her leg was so bad that the doctors weren't sure if she would ever walk properly again. Her flesh was stripped from her thigh all the way down to her calf and you could see all the bone showing. What a terrible thing to see. I was repulsed by the condition of her leg. There was ripped flesh everywhere as she continued to cry. I was so upset for her and asked her what was going to happen. She told me she was not happy with the witnesses. So then I gathered she was a newer witness. and she was. She said all they want from me is to go in the service all the time go to all the meetings and do errands for others as she owned a truck. She said she couldn't take it all. They were not even concerned about her injuries as the only person to ever come and see her in the hospital was the elder who nearly severed her leg off. All they said was it was good it occured while she was in the service. Doing God's work. The brother doesn't get it, he figure she is going to do nothing. I felt sick at heart and sick to my stomach literally.

I don''t know what happened there after as I was fighting to keep my own sanity and my battle to leave the organization. As I was in the hospital and none of the brothers came to seem me either and it was the second time I had been hospitalized and no one came to see me or send me a card or calll me. Even in all the time in the hospital my husband came to see me twice. I had some non witness aquaintances and they came to see me.

So it was after all that shit I decided enough was enough and in a matter of several weeks by Christmas eve I left my husband and the WTS orgainzation for good. I was no longer going to be allowed to feel hurt or watch and see others hur t such as that dear lady in the hospital . She gave me her telephone number and address, but I never contacted her as I was too busy packing and getting ready for my leap to freedom. I often wonder if she stayed a witness, but one thing is for sure she would have known I was disfellowshipped as news of my disfellowshipping from a prominent witness family spread like wild fire.

I am so glad that I no longer have any more to do with a heartless, merciless, bloodguilty, hypocritical satanic cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses. I hope the GB rots in hell.

Thats my story. One more to add to the annuls of history..

Orangefatcat

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Dude I'm pretty sure you can post names and location on that one; couldn't have happened tooo many times?

The wife of the local (annointed) PO is dying of cancer. Rather than seek treatment, the combination of no medical insurance and JW love of martyrism means they cannot. They have four daughters who are all DF'ed and thus cannot communicate with their Mom in her last days.

Rather than cut back on his duties to care for his wife, the PO is accepting additional assignments like running the JDub foreign language school. As a result the Sisters from the congo are being asked to "nurse" the wife and perform maid duties around the house like cooking, cleaning, washing and errands.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When I was 15, the 16 yr old son of my parent's bible study was killed when a train hit the vehicle he was in. He was in the van with his "worldly friends". Of course, that was the reason "he wasn't sparred". He was still clinging to his "bad associations". He and I had become very close. His funeral was abour 120 miles away from home. Sure, witnesses went, but the entire funeral home was packed with his "worldly" associations. They were even having to stand outside. I cried for 2 weeks. That's all I could do. Boy, did I get in trouble with step-daddy dearest. The elder's even met with me, because of my "attutide". I was 15, and hurting. All I could hear about was..blah, blah, blah.....

Over the years, while working in the ER, I have had JW's try and place literature with me while trying to work on patients. I've had to throw out several from the ER.

The two times I had to deal with the hospital liasion committee, they were more worried about either preaching to me, or when they finally figured out I had been a JW, trying to get me in trouble. But the doctors and hospital stood behind me. I don't know how many times my patients have left literaure. It got to be a standing joke about all the nurses collecting the literature that had been left in the waiting rooms or in patients rooms. They'd start a pile for me to "discard" whenever I was on duty.

The HLC were the coldest hunk of rocks I've ever seen. And I've seen alot. They never showed concern for the patients I had that were children. They were more concerned about their acting like self-righteous idiots. The "witness" they thought they were giving, was a joke to the staff.

shelley

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Mr. Ben,

That is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!!! How long ago did this happen??That poor brother! What ever happened to his family?? We are sure glad your out! I can't believe you have a story to top this one!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• target
    target

In a neighboring congregation a young couple was in a car accident and the eight month pregnant wife was killed. She was an only child. The next day her parents were out in field service.

In our congregation a family lost their son in a car accident. A few weeks later I heard the father telling of the other family's experience and how he admired the parents' faith.

Only JWs could admire such a lack of emotion.

Target

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Fleur,

I am so very sorry for your loss. We too lost our baby to miscarriage 14 years ago. It was the most tragic helpless experiences a family could ever go through. Though I rarely speak of our experience because it is still too painful, I often think about our unborn child. I found comfort in the thought that our baby was precious in Jehovahs eyes. He considered unborn babies so precious, that if in Bible times if two men were fighting and a pregnant woman was injured and miscarried, they without fail, would be put to death..a life for a life, was Jehovahs law. If he considers abortion murder, then he would most certainly find a miscarriage a loss of precious LIFE right??

Well, here is my experience tying it all together. One day I was in a carload of sisters in service. I was still emotionally recovering, as this was extreemly devestating. Somehow, the discussion came up about losing the baby, and I expressed that I found comfort in the fact that that Jehovah would no doubt somehow remember our unborn child. In my mind I pictured being in the new system and one day becoming pregnant again, knowing that this was the child we had lost inside of me, healthy again. I expressed my feelings on this, and the P.O.s wife demeaningly told me that Jehovah would never do that because our baby never took the "breath of life"!!! I was CRUSHED!!! Silently I sat there holding back the tears! How cruel and heartless can you get? All I could think of is the scripture I spoke of above. It contradicts what she was telling me!

Here, this was the way I was getting through my greiving, and she tried to take that away from me! Of course she is a know it all, and went on and on why I should not think Jehovah would ever do that for us! Everyone else in the car could see how upseting it was, but no one was brave enough to tell her to shut up, or challenge her "theory"!!

When I read your experience along with all the others, it just made my heart ache for all those that could have and should have been loved and comforted by those who they thought were their brothers. The identifying mark love with the Jehovahs Witnesses, is just a figment of everyones brainwashed imagination!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

Phew! I posted this years ago!!

I may have said this before, but..... HOW GLAD I AM TO BE OUT!

• Gill
    Gill

So sorry everyone for your very sad storys.

My Aunt was dying of cancer and it was the CO's visit. We didn't know it at the time but she would only live another ten days. He was pressuring her to come to the meeting as it was 'his special talk'. Bear in mind this woman had terminal cancer, and morphine was NOT relieving the pain as it was in her spine. Only high doses of morphine would have helped her in that they would have knocked her out completely. She spent days crying over the fact that he had pressured her and she could not go to the meeting.

However, the day of the meeting came and her daughter in law and son went to the meeting leaving a much younger inexperienced daughter in law in charge of my Aunt. Aunt became desperate to go to the toilet. The young girl sent her young husband to the KH to fetch the older daughter in law to help get aunt to the toilet. She refused to go home and help. She said she was 'listening to Jehovah and not on duty.' Aunty was to poo in her pants and the nurses would sort it out when they came that night.

This dying woman suffered hanging on with all her might not to lose her dignity for another nearly two hours. As soon as my mother found out, after the meeting had ended, nearly two hours later, she raced to my Aunts to help her. They were both mortified over the daughter in laws lack of help, love and compassion.

This relative, as much as I still despise her, opened my eyes completely to what JW love is......NON EXISTENT!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit