This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

(((Ian and family)))

As many have said this isn't the end. You are strong and know how to fight. Keep going one day at a time.Everything that enters our path becomes an opportunity to learn and grow. I know you will do this. You know how to reach out to those who can offer the support you need. Others here who have won the cancer battle can be great supports.

Grace thanks for posting this

And if the family doesn't get in to see this is there anyone near Ian who can print out the comments and get them to him?

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I WONDERED WHY YOU HAVE NOT POSTED FOR A WHILE.

I HOPE AND WISH YOU THE STRENGTH TO OVERCOME THIS ILLNESS, THE SAME WAY YOU HAVE HAD STRENGTH FOR OTHER ISSUES IN YOUR LIFE.

MAYBE THIS WILL WAKE UP YOUR CHILDREN TO COME TO YOUR SIDE AND DROP THE JW CRAP.

((((((((((((((((((( IAN ))))))))))))))))))

MEDICAL SUCCESS IN CURING CANCER IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER, I AM SURE YOU WILL RECOVER.

Outoftheorg

• reboot
    reboot

((((((((Dansk and family))))))))) what a terrible shock for you all.I'll be thinking of you and send you my love and positive thoughts for the futureand it dosnt matter how many other problems may be on the board...we all want to send you love and support and keep you smiling.

I had a neighbour who has this, he's doing very well, 12 years has passed now.....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• kls
    kls

It was 7 am this morning when i read Mouthy's post of Dansk and it threw me.

Now that i have had time to think and calm down i would like to tell Dansk and his family, you are in my thoughts and do not ever feel that you cannot talk to us ,your burdens are our burdens. On this forum we are family no matter how far we live away in some way we have all bonded in a special way. You are very special to us . You are so kind and caring and you are the biggest bull head, so this is just a bump in the road and like always Dansk you will beat it.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear All,

I've visited this thread three times but was too overcome to write anything. I'm now composed, so here goes.

I visited my doctor back in March, who diagnosed a lipoma (a benign fatty tumour) and told me to return if it grew. I also had a blood sample taken, which came back negative! However, the lump grew (actually there are two, one under my left armpit and the other over my left pectoral muscle) so I went back. He took one look at me and referred me to a surgeon. Eventually, a letter arrived for an appointment with the surgeon and from here things really started to move. Another blood sample was taken and I was booked in for an MRI scan and an ultrasound scan. There is a waiting list of up to 14 months for an MRI scan but I was seen within two days. Obviously I was considered an urgent case.

The ultrasound scan seemed to reveal that I had two large, benign bloodclots - but the MRI scan revealed differently. The surgeon told me that when I first went to see him he was concerned that I might have a sarcoma, which would have meant urgent drastic surgery which could probably entail my losing the whole of my left arm. Fortunately (??) he diagnosed that I have a lymphoma and a biopsy was taken to determine which type, which would then determine the best method of treating it. At this stage it isn't thought surgery is necessary.

The prognosis for my type of lymphoma, I was told, is usually very good. They don't expect to have to perform any surgery but to shrivel the tumour cells through drugs (chemotherapy). Obviously, such treatment might result in hair loss, but as I'm virtually bald now that aspect doesn't bother me.

They say that one in five people will contract cancer, so I'm glad another four people will be saved all the trauma and emotional pain.

Thankfully, I'm not in any pain. My left arm aches occasionally and the fingers in my hand sometimes have pins and needles (obviously a nerve is being pressed on). Otherwise, you'd think I was perfectly healthy.

I have become a vegetarian and also cut out tea, coffee and chocolate (I LOVE chocolate) in order to have a healthier diet. At the moment I can't do anything too strenuous - so it does have some advantages in that I won't have to decorate the house or dig the garden

To anyone who sent me pms or e-mails these past few weeks and I haven't replied please accept my sincere apologies, but I had other things on my mind.

All your good wishes and words of encouragement really have built up my spirits. Grace (Mouthy) was right to suggest she let you all know. You've given me an extra reason for beating this thing. Thank you, Grace!

Thank you everyone, from the bottom of my heart.

Ian

• acsot
    acsot

I just read this post and Oh My God! (((Dansk))) You've been such a welcome presence on this board, I was horrified at the diagnosis. Now, after reading your post I'm so glad that the prognosis seems positive.

I'm sending positive energy your way. I hope your meditation practice helps you focus healing energy towards the cancer.

My thoughts are with you and your family .

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Hope it all gets better Dansk. My thoughts are with you. Take good care of yourself. I mean that!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Ian,

Glad you could read the thread. I am going to PM you - I have had surgery in my axilla (armpit) twice where they removed lymph nodes and I understand the effects etc. that might help I don't know. I've also had biopsies like you (in my neck and axilla) and I know what that is like too (ouch)

Did they give explanation as to why they're not removing them? I've been told that any lumps I have will be removed immediately. Anyway, my cancer was totally different so what do I know?

Sirona

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Glad to see you back here. I see your getting the support and advice you need.

love

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit