Happy at Bethel. Can't believe what I'm seeing.

by Pubsinger 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This video should only taken as self supporting propaganda, by certain people working at Bethel HQ.

I wouldn't be surprised now that the individuals responsible have been taken to the back room so to speak and counseled.   I hardly think the top GB members would approve of it.

So Bethel workers are so happy working there, really ? ...  boring mundane repetitive jobs,  then boring

repetitive meetings with over ridden guilt  " Are you going out in service ? , being pressured onto people is really a state of happiness. ????  

I wonder if the people that have worked there for decades and the WTS has deemed non productive or too old to work there and are shown the exit door, I wonder if they are all so happy too  ?   

• pixel
    pixel

Welcome StrongHaiku. I don't think anybody will get offended by your comment. 

I can bet the only reason the JW's like this song is because it has the "Happiness is the truth" words. Somehow they might think this applies to their "truth".

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    But then again, I am easily amused and my tastes are questionable. 

I think the video was meant as an 'internal' motivational tool. It goes along with the re-branding and re-marketing that is happening with the WTS. The video is a corporate tool designed to motivate workers - Bethel is sort of like working for WalMart or one of those cult-like big stores that sing songs before each shift.

Methinks there is much ado ahappening inside the Watchtower stronghold  - their strategies are about re-grouping and re-aligning...I wonder who is in line for the boot? The WTS' behaviors all point to major divisions inside the power base.

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku

Thank you pixel.

The video also made me fill a bit sad.  I kept thinking -

Look at all that energy and resources.  I just wish they were doing something worthwhile like building houses for the poor, feeding and clothing the hungry, curing the sick, etc. Wouldn’t it be great to take all of those resources, and people, and energy and focus them into those things?  Can you imagine the incredible "witness" that would be given to the world if the GB sold everything and spent all their money and resources and energy doing things that add real/concrete value?  You know, like Jesus instructed...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Happy @ Be..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Joe Bethelite.

Sorry about that...........YouTube

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There Never Was a Video..        I Did Not Have..

Or 1975!..              Sex With That Woman!

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/morris-and-lett.jpg

• cappytan
    cappytan
    Outlaw: "Happy @ Be..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Joe Bethelite."

Wow, I thought you were joking. You weren't! LOL

• sparky1
    sparky1
    Someone named 4FldSvc has just uploaded it to YouTube again. I think as many people as possible should go there and make their feelings known. I have already posted 2 comments. Post away and have some fun!!!
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

It's also here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2HS90RIWJM

It also bears the JW dot ORG logo!

I've copied it for posterity!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To me the funnest part is when the women ( note not men ) are dancing entering to go into a washroom to scrub toilets with scrub brushes in their hands. .

....... priceless and maybe a bit retarded as well.  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit