Do you fear death?

by onacruse 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    If we are to avoid yet again being fooled by others, then what's the option?

I guess we would not experience life, and continue to live (rot?) in the past. When I realize that "Life it Terminal" it is something I find hard to move past.

Cassi, who needs to stop living in the past and move on.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Cassi:

I guess we would not experience life,

If you will allow me to slightly rephrase your statement:

I guess we would not experience our life,

We have a proprietory right to life (as odd as it may sound for me to say that).

Definitely not JW-think! LOLOL

• FMZ
    FMZ

Why be scared of death? If there is an afterlife (which I believe there is), then great! You still exist and can reside in heaven or wherever we actually go. If there is no afterlife, then you will never know it.

I think many people do not fear death for what it is, but for the pain it causes to those around. People have lost loved ones, and it causes pain... I have heard more than one mother say that the thing they fear most is not always being there for their children.

In a strange way, I look forward to it (apart, of course, from leaving my family behind)... it will answer so many questions, and I will no longer have to put up with this sad world.

FMZ

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    We have a proprietory right to life (as odd as it may sound for me to say that).

Maybe that's it I don't feel as if I have the right to live my life as I am now, because I am going aginst everything that was taught to me for 26 years?

Hummmm lots of deep thought needed on this subject. I'm off for the night Craig, speak to you tomorrow!

Hugs

Cassi

• onacruse
    onacruse

((Cassi)) Off to bed myself.

It was great chatting with you tonight.

Best to you and yours.

Craig

• Englishman
    Englishman

Death is just Nature's way of telling you to slow down a little.

Englishman.

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

To Cassi,

I just wanted to let you know that I totally empathize with your feeling. The irony for me was that my confusion about JWs and the "truth" led me to think that I was not cut out for paradise, thus leading me to suicide. After many attempts, I put myself in a coma and eventually recovered. The bonus for suicidal JWs is that "hell" is just the common grave with no punishment for opting out.

What I learned from flirting with death is similiar to near-death survivors commonly say: Death is not to be feared. However, your life now is not to be wasted either.

Giving up your hopes for everlasting paradise and everything we were told was true can be like emotionally dying. I hope you find that what actually dies is the part of you that is clinging to a futile hope, not the living soul you are meant to enjoy - here and now. This is what JWs steal from their members. Life has never been so beautiful since I realized what I trully had. Death is just the period on the end of the previous sentence.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Death it something that we are afraid...because it is the unknown that scares us...

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

Exekial3

Thank you so much for sharing your touching story with me. I truly appreciate it. Your last sentence was great. Thank you again.

Hugs

Cassi

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

Am I afraid of death? yeah... Does it consume me? no. Does it stop me from living? no.

Being widowed at an early age, the fraility of life was a lesson that took me by surpise. I think often of how anything can happen at any time. This is a personal issue that I battle w/often. My husband dying was such a huge and painful loss to me that I never want to go thru that again. But I know that it is out of my control, so I am the kinda person that makes sure those that I care about know exactly how I feel-just in case it is the last time I see them or they see me.

As far as me dying and leaving my family behind, the thought saddens me to think of the pain that they would go thru. I know it first hand how it hurts and I never want them to have to go thru that.

The thought of having to bury another husband or my children is inconceivable to me.

So given my past "life lesson experience" I am the kinda person that lives each day to the fullest and makes sure that those I love know it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit