Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Rem : French,
    Perhaps you are not understanding my point. People don't just strap bombs to themselves and kill innocent people because their land was stolen and their family were killed. They are doing this because they are being recruited by hateful, anti-semetic religious zealots.

Agreed ! BUT : (no one would care what religious zealots are telling if they had no reason for this, is not religion related this is economy related - when they talk about us, they talk about Capitalists - THE REASON) so the religion is only a tree which hide the wood.

Rem : Probably the majority of the people strapping bombs to themselves have not been directly impacted in that manner. In fact, it was shown that the terrorist groups actually recruited a mentally retarded boy.

Agreed ! BUT : still there is always a reason (and each day we give them more)

Rem : Sure I could see this happening once or twice a decade if the terrorist groups weren't brainwashing the people. The people heading these groups need to be destroyed.

Agreed ! BUT : not the way we have tried

CrazyDrinker

Funny, 6 Million Jews were butchered in the Holocaust and yet you dont see any Jews strapping bombs to themsevles and blowing up civilians. I dont see any Russians strapping bombs to themselves and blowing up Germans for past WWII horrors. Even the Japanese restricted their suicide attacks to MILITARY targets.

Its ONLY Muslims who do such cowardly things.

They don't have the same story, and they never had the same mean and help when needed, and they are manipulated from outside (which is the most terrible part) ALL AFRICA IS - AND FROM GUESS WHO ? (So please !)

Israel is the state that promoted Appartheid in South Africa till the end (VERY NICE, isn't it ?) Some people don't like to do the dirty job they give it to others and take the diamonds if you see what I mean (they are responsible !!! how many kids have been killed just to have the right to speek !).

• Xena
    Xena

Regardless of your reasons it's fanatical behavior to strap a bomb on yourself and explode it in a civilan setting. Come on we used to be Jehovah's Witnesses' for goodness sakes....we have seen the effects of religious brainwashing first hand....people who will allow their children to die at the alter of religon...not because their familes were killed or land taken, but because their religious leaders tell them it's the thing to.

I just can't believe anyone here would advocate or approve this type of behavior....it's ok to do this...we understand...your oppressed so kill yourself and anyone else you can regardless of how innocent they are and we will blame someone else....not you...not the people who told you to do it....

Boggles my mind that this is even a point for discussion....

• Realist
    Realist

rem,

i never said i excuse what they do. but i do find it understandable to a certain degree from a personal standpoint.

if someone kills my child i will try to kill that guy - do i have the right to do it? no.

xena,

Don't make assumptions about me. You don't know me.

i make assumptions based on normal human behavior. if you have the strength to care about the enemy while your family gets killed by them than thats commendable but certainly not a normal response.

You however are the person who had no issue with innocent people being used in experiments for the "greater good"....as long as they weren't your family or friends. I believe those comments as well as these say more about your potential for this type of behavior than mine.

a) you were too lazy to even read the experiments or what experiment i actually condoned. too bad.

b) personal involvemnt - because of irrational emotional decisions - is never the way to judge things.

c) i am not so arrogant to say i would not do these things if i were unfortunate enough to be born in a gaza refugee camp.

crazy,

yes germany declared war on the US because of the pact with japan and the fact that it didn't matter much at this point anyway.

the soviets were prepared to attack not to defend. the russians had a 3 to 1 supermacy in tanks and aircraft at the front line. you think they were there for no purpose?

the german airforce did bomb primarily docks and industrial targets. they simply had not the capacity to reduce entire cities to rubble.

compare the bombing of liverpool with that of hamburg:

The seven nights of the 1941 May Blitz (1st-7th May) were the heaviest consecutive nights of bombing experienced by Liverpool during the whole of the Second World War. In those few nights around 681 planes dropped 870 tonnes of high explosives and over 112,000 incendiaries (firebombs) on the area, killing over 1,700 people and making around 76,000 homeless.
    Liverpool, and its surrounding towns of Bootle, Wallasey and Birkenhead, was attacked mainly because of its huge dock system. This west coast port was the main link between Britain and the USA, and saw food, fuel, raw materials, weapons and troops enter the country. Without these supplies it is doubtful whether Britain could have survived Hitler's attacks.

There were four firebomb raids over Hamburg in nine days.

9,000 tons of bombs had killed 40,000 people and reduced a major industrial port to ashes.

Only once more- 'at Dresden, in February, 1945-would the British in the Second World War succeed in burning a city to the ground.

how many cities were burned to the ground by the germans?

And you point is??

my point is that the US had no moral grounds for forcing japan into a war.

Welcomed? Thats a pretty strong way of putting it. Im sure they wanted to be able to help out the Brits but getting your pacific fleet destroyed isnt the way to do it.

Personnel KilledUnited StatesJapan
    Navy199864
    Marine Corps109
    Army233
    Civilian48

Personnel Wounded
    Navy710Unknown
    Marine Corps69
    Army364
    Civilian35

Ships
    Sunk or beached *125
    Damaged9

Aircraft
    Destroyed16429
    Damaged15974

*All U.S. ships, except the USS Arizona, the USS Utah, and the USS Oklahoma, were salvaged and later saw action.
    *Figures are subject to change according to new evidence.

it is a myth that the US fleet was destroyed. the important ships (aircraft carrier) were not at the port during the attack. the japs destroyed irrelevant battleships. this was the only battle the japs won.

the V rockets were aimed against civilians no question about it.

Well I guess the Jews were not Civilians, nor the serbs, ukrainians, poles, russians, french, etc..etc...

thay are already summarized under the HOLOCAUST - no need to count them twice.

Really? I dont remember seeing any camps where we BBQ'd 6 Million Germans? Please show me the systimatic round up, shipment, and exicution of 6 Million unarmed civilians by the U.S.

sorry but for me it doesn't matter whether you burn a child with phosphor bombs or wether you let it starve in a concentration camp.

No. I hate Arab Fundies who bomb planes and civilians.

is that right? so then why do you assume i hate ALL JEWS???

• Xena
    Xena

Realist show me studies where the majority of people who when they are hurt or their children or killed strap bombs to themselves and blow up innocent bystanders. Not the religions nuts....just normal people.

• Realist
    Realist

xena,

However if I did decide to kill someone it certainly wouldn't be by strapping a bomb on myself and exploding in a crowd of innocent people.

i guess i misunderstood the meaning of your original post. i thought you would not do it because of respect for the civilians killed.

i agree that only the most fanatic people are willing to blow themselfs up in the process of killing the enemy.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

xena,

how would you react if arabs would occupy the US, take away your house, kill your daughter in an air raid and threaten your very existance by trying to make the conditions so bad for you that you have to flee to canada? would you wait and do nothing? i bet you would try to kill as many of them as possible.

See Realist, the scenario doesn't work, the US is an established nation where as Palestine was a mandate territory. No one took away palestinian houses or killed anyon'es kids or performed any air raids. Up until 1948 the Jews were buying land and converting swamps and deserts into productive farms, building modern cities from the ruins of an ancient an forgotten city, etc. They were doing their best to live in peace beside the Arabs with some exceptions of course. You just don't get it, the Palestinains had their chance, and they chose war...they are reaping the "benefits" of that choice even now.

Make war on Israel, the Palestinains, with what?

Well, in 1948 it was with the national armies of five seperate arab nations. And Israel kicked ass without support from anyone else.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

No one took away palestinian houses or killed anyon'es kids or performed any air raids. Up until 1948 the Jews were buying land and converting swamps and deserts into productive farms, building modern cities from the ruins of an ancient an forgotten city, etc. They were doing their best to live in peace beside the Arabs with some exceptions of course. You just don't get it, the Palestinains had their chance, and they chose war...they are reaping the "benefits" of that choice even now.

problem is most people especially in the arab world do not agree with your assessment of the situation.

• Xena
    Xena

Realist it's a mix of respect for innocent life and making the optimum use of the resources you have.

Your a very black and white thinker, aren't you?

• Realist
    Realist

xena,

yes things get sometimes to black and white in the discussions - on both sides i would assume.

nevertheless it seems most people do not care about the lives of enemies. if you are an exception to that than thats commendable.

• Xena
    Xena

Realist,

I suppose it depends on whom you define as the enemy. As a dub I was taught that anyone who wasn't a JW was basically an enemy of God. I know better now.....unfortunately not everyone does....not in the JW religion or apparently in some affiliations of the Muslum religion...and just in every religion there are extremists, personally I like to hope they are in the minority not the majority.

I lost my mother and father to death due to mismanagement on the part of the same doctor. At the time of of loss I felt a considerable amount of anger toward him but never did I feel the urge to take any type of revenge on doctors in general. I have lost both my sisters to a cult, I am effectively dead to them. I feel considerable anger toward the religion that did this and the men that perpetuate it, but never at any time have I felt a desire to strap a bomb to myself and blow up a Kingdom Hall of innocent people who just happend to be a part of this religion. I know that these examples are probably poor compared to what some people have endured but at this point they are all I have to draw on.

Make sense?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit