Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

realist,

dont forget about those that funded the nazi war machine, supplied oil to hitler illegaly during the war, and those that profited out of companies like IG Farben.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Chances are you would act humanly...

I don't know rem; just on this forum full of coddled westerners we've had an astonishing number of pyscho-(edited) who want someone, anyone, to just push a button and kill countless men women and babies in the middle east.

I think their reasoning is something along the lines of "that'll show 'em".

I fear you misunderestimate your fellow westerners' appetite for sick cowardice.

(about the edit) I'm sorry, but it's really hard to convey the nuance of a person who acts tough, but is in fact reacting/acting in fear, without using the word "pussy". Since I didn't specifically name anyone (although it will be obvious to many), I don't see why an un-named pyscho-pussy should be edited out. Is pyscho somehow less harsh? Cuz honestly, as a group, is it possible for any of us to be too harsh with these little nazi wannabees?

• Realist
    Realist

pleasure,

yes hitler was sponsored by the weapons industry...in and outside (before the war) of germany.

supplied oil to hitler illegaly during the war

who was that?

• rem
    rem

Realist,

The reason I say the chances are that you would react that way is because the majority of the Palestinians are not commiting these acts - otherwise they would be decimating themselves. These are religious wackos doing this and there is no excuse for them.

According to the IDF:

# Since the beginning of the violence in 2000, 29 suicide attacks were carried out by youth under the age of 18.
    # Since May 2001, 22 shootings attacks and attacks using explosive devices were carried out by youth under the age of 18.
    # Since the beginning of 2001, more than 40 youth under the age of 18 were involved in attempted suicide bombings that were thwarted (of them, three during 2004).

Though you may dispute the figures since they come from the IDF, the point is that these terror groups are influencing impressionable minds. The people blowing up busses are not necessarily people who lost their land and children to Israeli forces. This is not a noble cause or a justifiable reaction to being oppressed.

rem

• rem
    rem

Six,

Hey, us westerners are allowed a little hyperbole now and then, right? :)

The difference is that with Arabs Muslims hyperbole, called mubalagha, is the norm. In fact an Arab man would probably not be taken seriously if he were to state something mater-of-factly without blatant exageration. It's quite a fascinating cultural quirk.

rem

• Realist
    Realist

rem,

the point is that these terror groups are influencing impressionable minds

agreed. but you will admit that it would be a lot harder to find so many 'volunteers' in a rich and well educated community.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Hey, us westerners are allowed a little hyperbole now and then, right? :)

I love hyperbole as much as the next messiah, but I think this is an area to tread carefully. In any case, if I had reason to believe I was dealing with hyperbole, I wouldn't be pressing the issue.

No, these people are serious. I've made sure to ask.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Realist:

a) germany declared war on poland not on the west.

b) russia was ready to attack germany. hitler was just quicker by two weeks.

c) you mean the Japanese domination of Asia vs. the US dominatoin of the american continent, carribean, phillipines etc.?

d) pearl habor was welcomed by the US gov. It was an economical war after all.

e) the Germans carpet bombing cities: germany did not carpet bomb london. stalingrad and leningrad were cities that did not surrender (similar to berlin). the consequence was of course the shelling of the cities.

f) the V in V rocket stands for vergeltung = retaliation. it caused minimal damage compared to the US / british bombings.

g) German attrocities commited against Civilians: which are?

h) the Holocaust: yes this is equivalent of what the allies did.

i) You just hate the Jews. LOL and you just hate the arabs! bahhh

A) No, Germany declared war on the U.S. on December 11, 1941

B) If that was the case the Soviets would not have had their asses to them. Stalin was not prepared at ALL.

C) And you point is?? Ahhh you will probably bring up how we cut off their oil supplies... What about the Japanese attrocities against the Chinese???

D) Welcomed? Thats a pretty strong way of putting it. Im sure they wanted to be able to help out the Brits but getting your pacific fleet destroyed isnt the way to do it.

E) The Germans never carpet bombed London? What are you on? Why dont you ask Simon about that or do an internet search on The Blitz

F) Yes it did limited damage but it directly target Civlian populations.

G) Well I guess the Jews were not Civilians, nor the serbs, ukrainians, poles, russians, french, etc..etc...

H) Holocaust: yes this is equivalent of what the allies did. Really? I dont remember seeing any camps where we BBQ'd 6 Million Germans? Please show me the systimatic round up, shipment, and exicution of 6 Million unarmed civilians by the U.S.

I) No. I hate Arab Fundies who bomb planes and civilians.

• Xena
    Xena
    xena,

with all due respect i doubt you would care about killing their civilians. i assume i would probably not loose too much sleep about dead enemy civilians.

Don't make assumptions about me. You don't know me.

You however are the person who had no issue with innocent people being used in experiments for the "greater good"....as long as they weren't your family or friends. I believe those comments as well as these say more about your potential for this type of behavior than mine.

• rem
    rem

Realist,

I can agree with that, but at the same time I don't think it excuses it. Twinkies too cause people to murder here in the US, apparently.

Six,

Yeah, if that's the case, then that is scary.

rem

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit