Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• gumby
    gumby
    At the time of of loss I felt a considerable amount of anger toward him but never did I feel the urge to take any type of revenge on doctors in general. I have lost both my sisters to a cult, I am effectively dead to them. I feel considerable anger toward the religion that did this and the men that perpetuate it, but never at any time have I felt a desire to strap a bomb to myself and blow up a Kingdom Hall of innocent people who just happend to be a part of this religion.

Me neither. Never.

I have entertained some nastiness toward the FDS however.(GB only) They caused this shite, not the R&F.

Gumby

• Realist
    Realist

xena,

yes it makes sense!

the question should really be what could be done to stop the killing on all sides.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I still say just pull out and let them kill each other off. If they don't like us and think we're getting too involved then I say Fine! We'll just leave everything to you to fix up and get everything back up and running again.

It kills me that we are so concerned for their welfare. Screw em! They are in the freakin stone age! And they are there by CHOICE. They WANT to live the way they do. So let em. If they have a problem with an oppressive leader then they should do what we did...revolt. This country was founded because we were sick of oppression and wanted true freedom. So we revolted, fled, and held our ground and fought for our own freedom. Why should everyone else get off so easy? Why should everyone else not have to work for what they have? Why should everyone else get everything for free and with no effort on their part? THEY SHOULDN"T! They should take care of themselves like we do. No one else helps US. No one gives us aid when we have a disaster. Why should we give to them? Let them battle on their own. Let them figure shit out for themselves. And if they don't want to then so be it. The way they are now as apposed to 2000 years ago is exactly the same. The only difference is that now they have cars and bombs and like to use both.

• Realist
    Realist

crinkle,

actually my first response when i read your statement was: by removing saddam the US made this her buisness.

however on second thought i think you are right. i talked with arabs (from libanon and egypt) and they say the arabs just don't want the US there. if this is indeed the case then get the hell out of there and let them kill each other.

on third thought...this is most likely ot gonna happen because then bushy and his gang might loose control over the oil fields. so i guess you guys will have to deal with this shit for the next couple of years.

• scotsman
    scotsman

This is an article by Susan Sontag on the photos from Abu Ghraib. It sums up a lot of what is said here (obviously the less neo-con-ish!) and she writes excellently on the photos being a mirror to contemporary American culture. Enjoy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1223344,00.html

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

on third thought...this is most likely ot gonna happen because then bushy and his gang might loose control over the oil fields.

man, if bush has indeed accomplished what you and others say he was after, controlling the oil, i wish hed start doing something about the insane oil prices ($41+)! surely by controlling such large amounts of oil he can.?. it sure would help our markets over here.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

this depends on A) whether is this in their concept and B) to get the oil production going in iraq.

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

thi chi said something interesting on another thread that ive heard mentioned before:

If you do the Math, we are spending more on Iraq?s freedom (and infastructure) than we could ever make up in oil.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/14/72353/1.ashx

can you dispute that factually?

aa

• dubla
    dubla

realist-

just read your response to that comment on the other thread....and no, you didnt dispute it factually.

aa

• Realist
    Realist

dubla,

iraq has PROVEN oil reserves of 115 BILLION barrels! with a very conservative price of 30$ per barrel thats 3.5 TRILLION dollars (the true number will be much higher probably since the known oil reserves are only part of the true amount).

so even in this respect it is still worth occupying iraq.

do you honestly dispute that bush is working for the industry that supports him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit