Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• crinklestein
    crinklestein
    Perhaps the POINT of this thread is to show that contrary to some views expressed, not every soldier in an American uniform is a paragon of virtue, a brave defender of liberty and a crusader to truth and justice. They are just like everyone else - the same mix of good and bad, no better, no worse. Same as every other country, UK included.

I have to agree with you there. In fact, where I live, the soldiers are down right idiotic! I've never seen such uneducated, stupid-ass people in my life! And to think these morons are charged with the protection of this country...

• crinklestein
  • blacksheep
    blacksheep

Ah, but it's OK to take the actions of a few Terrorists as being representative of the ENTIRE IRAQI population is it? It justifies killing thousands for some sort of revenge / vendetta to buy the president some brownie points as "being tough on terrorists"?

Who ever suggested that all Iraqi's were to blame for 9/11? Trying to FREE Iraq from the murderous depot Saddam was a key goal. No one has collective said "Iraqis" are bad, that's ridiculous. Although many people have been, and ARE, attempting to characterize all Americans with the acts of a handful of people.

Well, he comes out with babling words. He also said they were on a crusade - words designed to inflame the situation. He condemned the photos ... but strangely nothing has been done, no one investigated over all the other claims of abuse and mistreatment.

What do you mean nothing has been done. When the facts came to light, people have been relieved of their commands, are being court martialed, there is a CLEAR commitment to doing something.

When 4 Americans were brutally beaten beyond recognition, their corpes mutilated before cheering crowds, where was all this outrage from the left?

"There are no bad soldiers ... just bad officers". Already those involved are saying that they were told to do this.

Of course, the lawyers of the key solider who allegedly committed the crimes, who at 37 and with experience in maintaining prisoners, will have you believe this. Sure he's going to attempt to be absolved of any blame.

And yes, the female officer in charge HAS been relieved of her duty. She was out of touch, had no prison experience, and sounds clueless. So, yeah, she was a "bad officer." But that doesn't excuse the perpetrators of the acts.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Oh no, Saddam was no threat to the outside world. Tell it to the Kurds, the Iranians, the Kuwaitis, the Saudis, the Israelis, there are probably a few more as well. But of coures he'd never do anyting like that again, I mean the fact that his entire history shows that he's done that kind of thing repeatedly any time he thought he could get away with it completely mitigates the idea that he might do it again doesn't it.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

there is hardly any point in discussing this with people who still believe saddam was a threat to the outside world.

Tell the Jews killed with Iraqi money that...tell the Kuwaitis that...those seven killed in the first WTC that, tell anyone murdered by the terrorists that Saddam willingly harboured he was no threat to the outside world.

Realist, you live in your own little world devoid of any facts.

Simon,

Return the territory to whom? It's still UN Mandate territory, there is no Palestinian group this territory has ever been turned over to.

No, it would stop, and here's why...the goal of Hamas is not to kick Jews out of the West Bank and Gaza, but to eliminate them completely.

What the story here doesn't detail is that after the mother was killed, they shot her in the stomach to ensure the baby she carried was dead...and then shot the four children as they begged for their life. YOU negotiate with that...I think they need to be shot dead.

JERUSALEM : Four Israeli children and a woman were killed Sunday in an attack on their car near a Jewish settlement in southern Gaza, military sources told AFP, and troops later shot dead their two Palestinian assailants.
    "A cell of probably two terrorists positioned themselves near the kissufim road that leads to the Gush Katif (settlement) bloc," an army spokesman told AFP on Sunday.

Advertisement

He said a first civilian vehicule had been hit causing "an Israeli to be seriously injured.

"Seconds after, a second vehicle with a woman and four children came under attack by the same cell, and they were all killed," he said.

The attack took place as Ariel Sharon's Likud party members were voting on the Israeli prime minister's plan to evacuate all 21 Gaza Strip settlements, among them Gush Katif, and four others on the West Bank.

It was not immediately clear if the five dead Israelis were settlers.

The army spokesman said an explosive device was detonated against an army post just after the attack, "probably to postpone the arrival of soldiers at the scene", he said.

He said soldiers reached the scene where they "killed the two Palestinian terrorists," adding that two soldiers were lightly wounded during the exchange of fire.

Palestinian security sources also said the two Palestinian attackers had been killed.

The latest deaths brings to 3,958 the number of people killed in direct action since the Palestinian intifada, or uprising, broke out in September 2000, including 2,983 Palestinians and 905 Israelis.
  • blacksheep
    blacksheep

Four Israeli children and a woman were killed Sunday in an attack on their car near a Jewish settlement in southern Gaza, military sources told AFP, and troops later shot dead their two Palestinian assailants.
    Yes, four little girls aged 2-11, the pregnant woman's daughter', were killed in cold blood.

Obviously sexually humiliating Iraqi terrorists is far, far worse than what the angry, frustrated Palestinians are "forced" to do.

The above horror story sure didn't get as much play as the Iraq photos.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

The media could not show the bodies of World Trade Center victims who decided to jump instead of burn in a jet fuel engulfing fire, they wouldn't show us pictures of Kurds who were gassed by Saddam because thier bodies were bloated and ugly, the media would not show us pictures of Clintons bombing in Serbia, but its ok to show us some Iraq's who would kill Americans from a mosque who were naked and humiliated, Iraqis that know Americans would not bomb thier mosques because we fight wars "by rules' like the British did and lost to America in the 1700's.

Is America going to be the next Britian, will I be fishing in a pond looking for a Lochness Monster here in upstate New York? LOL

• Farkel
    Farkel

Simon,

: Utterly disgusting.

Bad grammar is utterly disgusting to me, at least.

: Those responsible should be lined against a wall and shot. Publicly

We have this thing in our first ten Amendments to our Constitution called Amendment number 8. It came from your own Common Law, and it provides that cruel and unusual punishment should not be the punishment du jour when the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Should we toss that down the toilet, Simon to suit your own rage?

Besides that your own Country doesn't have ANY laws about Capital Punishment. (That I know about.) Joseph Stalin would not get executed in your OWN Country, Simon. Neither would Adolph Hitler. So what is your point about "shooting" people, then?

Farkel to Simon: you are quite unreasonable on this one

• Farkel
    Farkel

realist,

: plus you forget that he definitively posed an immanent threat to the world!

Your argument falls simply because you cannot spell to save your life.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

realist,

: first of all it was 3500 kurds, secondly when was this again? ah thats right...16 years ago!!!

Great. That makes it all ok, then. ONLY 3,500 kurds and JUST sixteen years ago. Yeah. That makes it perfectly fine. Except for the 3,500 DEAD kurds. It's not just exactly fine with them. And their families and children. They're all dead, you moron. What part about "they're all DEAD" do you not understand. Does "sixteen years ago" mitigate that issue, and make the DEAD less significant as if time makes the DEAD less significant?

What planet did you come from, you non-sensitive and totally idiotic "realist?"

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit