Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Some, perhaps, but it's still an outsiders view. Your opinion would carry more weight if, You were a soldier, had served time in combat, been around EPW's. IF the command knew about this and it's discovered...they will hang right along with the 6 who are accussed, which is the damning difference that the anti war crowd doesn't want to recognize...this is NOT condoned by the US military...it was POLICY with Saddam...surely you can all see that, can't you?

• little witch
    little witch

Why, thankyou Yeru for what little acknowledgement you have given my family and me...real nice...

FWIW, this story and the pictures were only just released. I tend not to form a deep opinion until the facts are all on the table. Here is what I know so far.... The woman who (and I do not know her rank) was in charge of the prison has been relieved of duty and transferred. I know that prisoners were teated inhumanely and photographed contrary to geneva convention rules. I know that the photos are still being showed in the media contrary to those rules. I know that this is a major screw up that will hurt our cause. I know that a soldier acts on orders from a higher command. I know that those soldiers involved will be scapegoats. And I know that my opinion is just as valid as yours, and is not contingent on whether or not you agree with it.

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm not sure who said that...but the fighting has been going on since 1948...it will end when the Arabs stop....accept Israel as a state...and accept that they will never possess all of the mandate territory...and there's no such thing as a "palestinian"...they're arabs from around the arab world...egypt (like Arafat), Jordain, Saudi, etc etc etc.

Wouldn't it also stop if Israel gave back the territories it seized as per UN resolutions and stopped murdering people?

The problem with "peace" efforts that are totally one sided is that they do not bring peace. They are just an attempt at 'victory' being repackaged as a peace plan and are doomed to failure.

• core
    core

Hatred between Arab and Jews clearly dates back to Bible times when "God of Peace" destroyed everything/one in way of "his" people - situation described at Jericho was an act of terrorism - nothing less - hardly surprising that centuries later bitter hatred exists. Another reason for doubting the existence of a "loving" God

• Realist
    Realist

there is hardly any point in discussing this with people who still believe saddam was a threat to the outside world.

• little witch
    little witch

Well, then don't discuss it Realist...I choose to discuss it.

• Realist
    Realist

but don't tell me in the end i havn't warned you!

• little witch
    little witch

Alrighty then! LOL

Realist, you know that I respect your opinions. We have met in prior heated debates. I only question your latest statement in light of the fact that you DO LIKE TO DISCUSS ISSUES!

• Realist
    Realist
    you DO LIKE TO DISCUSS ISSUES

yes i do!

i just had a moment of enlightenment before that i wanted to share with the world!

• crinklestein
    crinklestein
    Simon, why don't you stop bashing America? Get out of your own little bubble and get real. Are you still in la-la land?

Since when is bashing an asshole American considered bashing America?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit