San Jose, CA to Texas - via IH-10

by Jim_TX 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Not yet entirely sure if I am going, but how is this gonna be done? Has anyone talked to Jim? Is a time planned?

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Leo if you are going to use public transportation why don't you pick a place that's convenient? Anyway I am messaging you all with my number so feel free to call me on the phone even if it is something later in the day.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Jim left a message on my machine he is staying in a fremont hotel.

Lets all do lunch or perhaps brunch to beat the crowds or a late lunch.

Leo..the place you mentioned sounds good,,I have no preferences. I think we need to be more decisive or else nothing will materialize.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,

Hunan's Home is the best Chinese restaurant around imho and it is on El Camino in Mountain View.

I think this is as good a place as any. Let do an early or late lunch to avoid the crowds. Some pick a time.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Okay, here's the address:

Hunan Home's Restaurant
    4880 El Camino Real
    Los Altos, CA 94022
    Phone: 650-965-8888

It's on the Los Altos side of El Camino a few lights before San Antonio Shopping Center. There is parking in the back and parking on the street in front of the restaurant. What time is best? They open for lunch at 11:30am and lunch runs until 2:30pm.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

My only thing is it takes me maybe 75 minutes to get down there, so let me know early!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Leo,,

Do you like this place?

Could we meet some place close to this resterant and real easy to find at say at 11 am so that we can allow for those that may misjudge things and possibly get lost. A parking lot perhaps or mall real easy to spot.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I like the place a lot. But I haven't been there for lunch before.

Well, there is a big shopping mall on El Camino (San Antonio Shopping Center) that is hard to miss. How about meet right in front of the entrance to Walmart? And then go from there?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Has anyone got in touch with Jim to let him know that we are meeting while he is still here? I just called the hotel but I don't know his last name so I couldn't get through....

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit