San Jose, CA to Texas - via IH-10

by Jim_TX 73 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Okay... this is _sorta_ a 'reunion' - so I posted it here.

I will be flying out to San Jose tomorrow (April 27th), and then driving back to Texas via IH-10. (I think we are going to start off by coming through part of Los Angeles.)

This will take me through all sorts of interesting places that I have never been... (I've been to San Jose, CA - but not out IH-10).

Anyway... I think that it would be really really really cool if I could meet (even if just over the phone) some of you folks - who might be in this 'path'.

So... if you feel 'brave' enuf to want to meet up with a nerd - and trust that I am not psychotic... neurotic, or any of those other 'otics', then perhaps... if you could PM me... I can give you my e-mail addy, and we could then exchange a phone number or something.

I leave tomorrow... I know this is pretty sudden-like... so... you will need to make a 'coin-toss' decision - and PM me tonight... or no later than tomorrow AM.

I hope that I can at least talk to... or meet... one person from this forum in the next few days. If not... it's okay. I'm going to have the time of my life! *wide grin*

Regards,

Jim_TX

• bisous
    bisous

Jim, I am not in your path, but wish you a terrific trip. Sounds like it will be a fun experience. Have a great adventure!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hey! iIm right smack dab in the middle of the I-10...... Sassy and SimpleSally are a little south of the I-10....... maybe this would make for a makeshift Apostafest that none of us can decide on. Whatta ya say girls?

• Sassy
    Sassy

Hey yeah............what you say Him.. I mean Jim.. (tee hee)

you want to see the So Cali girls of Corona and nearby parts??

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sassy!!!!

(I had to do a quick bit of research... to figure out _where_ I am going to be... and where it is - relative to Corona.)

Yeah! That would be cool! However... I need to emphasize that I may only be able to wave at yall as I pass by at 70mph.

I'm not really sure _what_ is going to happen... I am just trying to make preliminary plans... just in case we stop for gas, or lunch - or whatever.

That's why, I may only be able to 'talk' to some... <sigh> maybe I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Regards,

Jim_TX

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Well let us know. Maybe we'll show up to stand on the side of the road and flash you as you zoom by

• Sassy
    Sassy

Well figure out of you have time for more than a wave or not.... trouble is........if you are passing through during the work day... I'm not around

tee hee....Sassy imagines taking a picture of Chevys as she flashes Jim as he speeds by.... slams on the breaks, backs up for a second look...

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

hey Jim,

I am in SJ and just sent you a PM

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Alls I know is... we arrive in San Jose, CA at 5:15pm (local CA time).

From there... it gets fuzzy. (Sorta like when I've been drinking mah Tequilla.)

Sheesh! Southwest Airlines don't even feed their prisoners... er, I mean... passengers, anymore.

Good thing I bought me some 'travel food'. Yuppers... beef jerky, and bags of peanuts. Hmmm... wonder iffn I can go up and down the aisle and sell them to passengers? (Can they kick someone off a plane at 30,000ft?)

Regards,

Jim_TX - (Him_TX - for Sassy...)

• beebee
    beebee

I did this drive when I moved to Texas 2 1/2 years ago. Of course I'm a bit south of y'all in Austin. I considered taking 40 through OK and visiting cousins in OKC.

We detoured through Vegas, then went over Hoover dam to Phoenix (to visit friends) then downward and across on the 10 until Hill Country where I veered off onto 290 and bypassed San Antonio. I got my first viewing of Bordor Patrol on duty on this route.

You might want to look at an Atlas and detour your trip to visit more folks? Surely there are no ex-dubs in Van Horn???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit