How Many Reveal Themselves Totally On This Board?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

well here I am

hi everybody

• bem
    bem

being new to board I appreciate that some are really who they say.

as far as revealing goes. Elsewhere thanks now we know what the back of a smily face looks like. too funny. oh yea and the back of xjw...

But Big Tex now I am nervous again about the whole world watching thing.

• talesin
    talesin

XJW OMG

I don't say anything that is untrue, and would like to tell my story, but it's not possible right now. Sometimes I feel I have revealed too much already, but like several have said, they would have to read a lot of posts to identify me.

For those who think this means I or anyone else necessarily has "something to hide", well Englishman said it:

unless they feel that secrecy is paramount for their own safety.

Nice pics, folks!

talesin

• particlesnwaves5
    particlesnwaves5

I don't want to reveal everything here. I have things that I want to hide--my identity for one thing. What is wrong with that? People say what do you have to hide something like you are deep, dark and sinister, or perverted,cowardly or something. Maybe a person just wants a little privacy and to vent and talk without worry. I think saying something like that is being unneccessarily judgemental. I don't think it is particularly prudent to reveal names and places on a board as public as this, but I wouldn't judge anybody for it. I would think they have more courage than I have.

Also how many people really want to know the deep intimacies of our lives the first few times we talk to them? I think you reveal more naturally as time goes on as trust is built up.

If a person jumps on a board and right away reveals everything and writes deeply personal stuff, sometimes it means they are looking for a quick fix, instant gratification. I don't think they stay committed. I think it is a very human thing to do and most people have done it at one time or another but it isn't a very satisfying experience, usually.

I think you get more of what you focus on. The more you focus on the positive, the better your relationships with other people and judgementalism melts away.

• exjdub
    exjdub

I have always been of the school of thought that it is better to proceed cautiously, especially in the case of privacy, rather than reveal too much in the beginning. You can always add more as time goes on but you can never retrieve damaging information about yourself, for whatever reason, once it is out. Some may regard this as "chicken s*** but I think it is sound reasoning. That being said... I do admire those that feel comfortable enough to reveal themeselves, although I would disagree with the premise that those that do not reveal themselves have something to hide. Everyone's circumstance is different and none of us can conclude matters without full knowledge of an individual's personal circumstances. Those are my 2 cents.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Good points, exjdub

• minimus
    minimus

I think it's wonderful that Simon acknowledges that we can be somewhat protected here. We just have to be mindful that when you're info is on the internet, anything can happen!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I've left out a lot but I have never added anything that isn't true.

• minimus
    minimus

Seeit, that's ok. What's bad is when someone outrightly lies. How can they ever be trusted again???

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

galaxy7 that is such a cool concept for a picture. How'd you do that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit