How Many Reveal Themselves Totally On This Board?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Some feel that you should put out a history of who you are, what your life was and is like now and express it in a very simple way so that everyone can "know" you. We've had posters say they were elders, elder's sisters, hurt JWs, etc. Who REALLY knows? It could all be a little fantasy. I'm not a big believer in telling everyone where I live, what I do, how much I make. Some though, tell nearly everything about themselves. Do you feel that revealing many personal details about yourself is important to do so that other posters can get to "know" the "real" you?

• Golf
    Golf

Nope, I will not let the left hand know what the right hand is doing. I love suspense.

Guest 77

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

I do, I dont think anyone cares so I have nothing to hide.

• FMZ
    FMZ

"Quite frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

Seriously tho... I dont care... Privacy is overrated, unless you are hiding something. The phrase "I'm here and I'm queer" almost fits the bill, but I'm not gay, I'm apostate. So what about... umm.. "I, mate, am an apostate". Got a ring to it.

FMZ

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I reveal almost everything about myself,,,,but beleive it or not....hehe,,,,I do keep somethings to myself. I know it is hard to believe for those who have read my post or are close friends,,,,but really somethings are too personal to tell anyone. It has nothing in my case of being ashamed of myself , but just somethings I choose to not tell.

I am still learning to trust and as a JW, I didnt tell personal things to anyone, I didnt express my anger over things,,,,I was so deep in a shell. When I found this board, I opened up and havent been able to shut up since...... I just admitted in another thread that I would eat dog poo for 10 million dollars............, now that is probably telling more than anyone really wants to know.....lol. Actually I think I made myself sick just thinking about it ,,,,.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I keep some things to myself. I tell some things. I suppose if my sister went back and read all of my posts, eat some point she would figure out who I am. She'd have to read a lot of posts though. I say just enough, you know?

Flyin'

• Strawberryfieldsforever
    Strawberryfieldsforever

I think once you leave the religion, you are very cautious about revealing too much about yourself to anyone. I know that I will take it slowly to tell all my life's story. I'm always afraid what people would think. My goal is to post a picture like so many of you do. It's brave to post your picture.....I'm not very brave yet.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    It's brave to post your picture.....

How do you know that my pic is really a pic of me?

• blondie
    blondie

I don't reveal everything to my husband, min.

Blondie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Well actually I am more wonderful in person! but I think I pour a lot out of my thought and feelings out here while still protecting my identity from any WT spies...

PS I just noticed I just eached 300 posts--and in 2 months now that's a lot of revealing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit