How Many Reveal Themselves Totally On This Board?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I made a decision to do so as I believe people should know who they are dealing with.

No one else needs to reveal anything that they don't want though and can stay hidden behind an alias if they want.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Well now! Reveal myself? Isn't there a law against public indecency? Oh, I did post my family history and have never worried about identifying who I am and where I live. So far, no drive-by shootings from four door sedans with book bags in the back windows...yet!

carmel

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Okay minimus...you want a REVEAL??? Just look to your left...there I am with my hubby for all the world to see!!

Now that's either gutsy or foolish. WILL THEY COME TO GET US NOW???

Cathy Laszewski, Stevens Point, WI...one of the walking wounded

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Sorry, not me.

Not ready to be disfellowshipped just yet.

DY

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well I have told you everything about me......Nothing left to tell. !!!

I am Mouthy Grace.

77next month ( Dont forget it 22nd)

Widow

Born Again!!!!! Sorry it offend some But yep!!!! I was born again the 20th Oct 1989. flesh birth 1927.

I am waiting to go to my NEW" HOME" !!!! promised a Mansion.....:) Want to collect it ASAP!!! Lord!!!

• rocketman
    rocketman

Well, I've never posted a naked picture of myself (board heaves collective sigh of relief) if that's what you mean.

I reveal facts about myself, here and there, so that I don't end up tripping myself up in case jws who know me scour these pages. To get a detailed picture of who I am, one would need to go back and read my 3370 plus posts, plus the 1000 posts I made prior to getting exclusive rights on my username.

What I do reveal about myself is true (okay, I have no exclusive rights on my username), and though I don't reveal myself "totally" I do so truthfully.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

LMAO @ FMZ!!! That's basically my attitude too! I don't have anything to hide, really. And, if I did, someone would find out, somehow, someway, so, I figure throw it out there and let the s**t hit the fan and land whereever it wants............I'll deal with it then.

Terri

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I am legitimate though -- and I have revealed who I am to a few on this board - anybody who wants to camn PM me - and if I trust you , I will let you know who has met me or who I have revealed my details to and they can tell you if I am Kosher or not

• undercover
    undercover

I don't let on much about me. I'm trying to fade(so far successfully). I don't need some lurking do-gooder dub to blow my cover.

I appreciate those that tell what they can about themselves. I value the experiences that I hear from others who have gone through some terrible things because of the WTS. I hope, in my own small way, that I can encourage others who are leaving or are trying to leave in my rather unspecific experiences and things learned along the way.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't come here for friendship or companionship. I do come here for support or to help support others. In doing that I feel like I have come to know some different ones and can relate to them because of going through similar circumstances. I feel for them and hope things work out for all that are trying to escape the WTS. But I know that I will probably never meet anyone in person nor do I feel the need to. My life is getting better as time goes on. I value this board and all that everyone has done to help myself and others, but my life lies outside both the JW community and the X-JW community.

• bebu
    bebu
    So far, no drive-by shootings from four door sedans with book bags in the back windows...yet!

LOL! Well, that gives me a bit more courage.

though I don't reveal myself "totally" I do so truthfully.

I do the same.

I wonder if some posters add in some fabricated details to avoid being identified. I would understand that ploy, though one might get labeled "troll" and have to work thru that...

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit