To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

er, blacksheep, that article confirms what I said. As the various branch recruiters pointed out, the recruitment has held steady, not gone up or down. That recruitment has increased slightly over several years is not the point.

And who CREATED 9/11? You have a lot of gall to suggest that in the wake of 9/11 and now Madrid, that the only crime of terrorists and nations who habor them it to HATE the US.

What? I suggested no such thing. You once again have linked, with ZERO reason, "the people of Iraq" to "terrorist". That simply stretches the definition of terrorist to it's breaking point.

I believe it has been well established that an organization of extremist mulims called "Al Queda" CREATED 9/11. I believe it has been well established that Afghanistan is the country that harbored Al Queda, and that it's membership came from almost anywhere, the US included, but are most likely to come from states with strong Islamic dominated governments, and less likely to come from secular states, like say, Iraq (or, we should say, the old "pre-war" Iraq. The new Iraq will be very Islamic).

And you don't CREATE terrorists. They exist and their very nature is to engage surprise attacks and destroy the morale and will of their victims.
    Well yeah you can create terrorist. Terrorist are people who kill w/o regard for the rules of war. You can't tell me you believe that all the people inspired to fight the US in Iraq (more and more using terrorist techniques) would have been so inspired had we not occupied Iraq. Of course that does not in and of itself disprove the legitimacy of the war, but it is telling.
  • Brownboy
    Brownboy

It is apparent that this war has lead to much controversy, and has caused divisions among many people. This year is extremely critical, and will determine what happens in the months to come. Where is this all leading to? What do you think the outcome of the entire situation in the Middle East will be? I still believe in God, and anticipate that the outcome will be according to prophecy. When I first begin to visit this site, I was thrown off at the amount of people that have lost their faith and have decided to believe in nothing...........but anyway, this is everyones choice, as we all have free will. This is what I anticipate happening in the near future. Of course this is pure speculation, and I don't claim to have the ability to predict the future.

I believe that this war in the Middle East will lead to the final war of Harmageddon.

"And after the sixty-two weeks Mes·si´ah will be cut off, with nothing for himself."And the city and the holy place the people of a leader that is coming will bring to their ruin. And the end of it will be by the flood. And until end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations. (Daniel 9:26)

Bush will lose the election to Kerry, or will be made to leave office by impeachment.

Kerry will reconcile the Allies that Bush has lost during his campaign in Iraq and gain the trust of the people in the Middle East region.

This will lead to a period of time that the people of the world, and the Middle East, will feel that the governments have acheived world-wide peace.

Now as for the times and the seasons, brothers, you need nothing to be written to you. 2 For you yourselves know quite well that Jehovah?s day is coming exactly as a thief in the night. 3 Whenever it is that they are saying: "Peace and security!" then sudden destruction is to be instantly upon them just as the pang of distress upon a pregnant woman; and they will by no means escape. (1st Thessalonians 5:1)

Christ will begin to reign as King, and will stand up on behalf of whomever are the chosen people of God, under the promises made to Abraham.

This will be the beginning of the great tribulation, and the final war at Harmageddon.

"And during that time Mi´cha·el will stand up, the great prince who is standing in behalf of the sons of your people. And there will certainly occur a time of distress such as has not been made to occur since there came to be a nation until that time. And during that time your people will escape, every one who is found written down in the book. 2 And there will be many of those asleep in the ground of dust who will wake up, these to indefinitely lasting life and those to reproaches to indefinitely lasting abhorrence (Daniel 12:1,2).

We can all compare notes next year, unless the whole world is in turmoil..................meanwhile, I will prepare for the great war...............have a great day.

Brownboy

• Realist
    Realist

brownboy,

lets assume for a moment the great tribulation does not come, what will that mean to you? will you admit the bible is a pile of ancient BS or will you start to look for the next possible cause for harmageddon? i strongly suspect the latter.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Realist,

Never will that happen............I will just live my life out in righteousness, to the best of my ability.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    When I first begin to visit this site, I was thrown off at the amount of people that have lost their faith and have decided to believe in nothing

Well hey, it wasn't a decision I took lightly, my friend. Nothing just made so much more sense than anything.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Both Parties have damaged the country, imo. I know my thoughts are not right on the mark etc. but they are my thoughts and not that of my political party or my religion or anything else. I think the hardest thing was leaving the JWs and finding out that many people on the outside are so polarized and so unwilling to put down their political differences for the sake of the country and the American people. Why do we have to be conservatives or liberals, why can't we just be Americans? The Conservative point of view has some merit, the Liberal point of view does also.

Sabrina..that is the most intelligent thing I've read so far. "Why can't we just be Americans"? What a novel idea!!

When I see a photo in the local newspaper of a man who was burnt to death and dragged through the streets of Fallujah, strung up like an animal, and a CHILD is touching him, LAUGHING....I know we are in serious trouble, and nothing we do will "change" things. I don't know what will, but it is not politics.

My father is a lobbyist, also a career Marine. He loves George Bush. Hates immigrants. And is about as RIGHT as you can possibly get. When he tells me that voting is a joke, and how he uses tax dollars to buy prostitutes for senators, or how the only thing they care about is more money, and it's so easy to bribe a politician, well......you can understand it when I say I despise politics.

• wednesday
    wednesday

Brownboy,

i too feel the middle east problems will lead to some major changes for all our lives. My take on this is, due to the nature of the extreme islamic behavior, it could lead to the ultimate banning of religion.

I don't see any resloving of this matter with the islamic terrorists. for one thing, they do not want to reslove anything, it is their God given mission to destroy the westren world.

So, i don't see this ending peacefully. this battle has been brewing for a long time, and now that it has started, it has caused such religious fevor in islamics that they would die before having peace with us.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    My father is a lobbyist, also a career Marine. He loves George Bush. Hates immigrants. And is about as RIGHT as you can possibly get. When he tells me that voting is a joke, and how he uses tax dollars to buy prostitutes for senators, or how the only thing they care about is more money, and it's so easy to bribe a politician, well......you can understand it when I say I despise politics.

In this current presidential season we've had no less than three people running who could not reasonably be accused of being in anyone's "pocket". At least one of those three had as realistic a shot at being elected if givin the nomination as anyone (and due to the "pockets" issue, quite likely more). Perhaps the American people didn't take time to find out their stories because they assume all politicians are essentially the same, all controlled by special interest, so why not choose based on less substantial issues?

But all politicians aren't the same, and even of those who might have hands in the "pockets" of special interest, their record, their history, their life, may have shaped a character more suited for leadership. One may have a better grasp of the extremely complex issues the world and America faces than another. But you won't find out if you don't delve deeper than the headline news.

We can be cynical towards politicians all we like, but it is the process of democratic politics that has brought about the vast differences in civilisation between the west and the rest of the world. If we don't participate, how are we different, inherently, than a person living under the rule of a tyrant?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    If we don't participate, how are we different, inherently, than a person living under the rule of a tyrant?

Living in a (supposedly) free country means just that. I can choose not to be involved in politics. Because I know that no matter who is elected (or not elected-as the case may be), they do not have our interests at heart. If, (and a big "if"), anyone ever does come along who will try to really shake things up and make the world (or our country) a truly better place to exist, they will not live long enough to make a difference. Just being a "realist."

Sabrina...just to lighten things up a little!!

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    The only way I would take part in war is if I knew that it was for Christ, or Jehovah. Otherwise the one that lives by the sword will die by it. I have no pity for those that choose to go to war.

brownboy...war/killing/death/destruction is war/killing/death/destruction........no matter who (or what God) it is for or why. There is no logic here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit