To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

avishai,

They have, for over a hundred years.

what are you talking about?

They also brought in irrigation, hospitals, electricity roads, etc., etc. Which benefited the "arabs" among about 40 other nationalities, and religions, languages, etc. that lived there, mostly in medieval sqalor.

most likely true.

As Yeru said, much of the land, which 80% of the population, Israeli and OTHERWISE lives on now, was bought and paid for, long before 1948, from the turks, an arabic, muslim nation.

nonsense. look at the UN numbers!

also read valis link...its excellent!

• Simon
    Simon

Ah, the old Zionist racist propaganda bullshit that there were no people there before they claimed the land.

Utter, utter, utter CRAP !

I know, if you think other Arab states should make a home for the palistinians so that the Jews can live happily ever after, how about instead that we clear a US state to make way for them (and I'm sure the locals of whatever state we pick will be welcomed in the other 49). What? Not such a good idea any more?

Imagine how much more peaceful the world would be if the state of Isreal didn't exist. Creating that was one of the worst mistakes ever made IMO.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon, Whatever, borrow a clue from someone on this issue. Why didn't the Arabs develop the West Bank and Gaza into a nation between 1948 and 1967? Instead, Egypt and Jordan annexed these areas and did next to nothing for the Palis. UnRealistic,

terrorism is the war of the poor. i do not condonce terrorism as i do not condone war but i do understand the arab standpoint and frankly i am not so arrogant to say i would certainly act different when i would have been unfortunate enough to be born in a arab refugee camp in gaza.

Terrorism is the war of the poor, where the HELL have you been the last 30 years? Bin Ladin is "real poor" his aides, "real poor" Arafat, "dirt poor" No, terrorism is the war of hatred, finances has nothing to do with it. Unfortunate enough to be born into a refugee camp in Gaza? Far better there than a refugee camp in a country controled by one of your arab "brothers." For that matter, why do these refugee camps exist at all? Literally Billions of dollars have went to the Palis for building projects...most of it has ended up in Arafat's bank account, but that's another story.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

your ignorance to the true situation is the cause of the problem. if the US does not admit that there is a problem than the disaster will never be solved. in the end (and if it takes another 100 years) the arabs will get a nuke and then israel and the US will have a real problem.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

your ignorance to the true situation is the cause of the problem. if the US does not admit that there is a problem than the disaster will never be solved.

What "problem." You claim that terrorists are only poor, downtrodden people who only want peace? Sorry, that's NOT reality. Terrorists have claimed WAR on the westernized industrial nations for years. We're just now starting to actually FIGHT that war.

And if the bin Laden and other masters of the vast terrorist network would spend the VAST amounts of funding they have earmarked for terrorists plots on actually FEEDING these nations and improving their life conditions, they'd create much better lives for themselves. Claiming these guys are just mad from proverty and oppression is a very, very naive.

in the end (and if it takes another 100 years) the arabs will get a nuke and then israel and the US will have a real problem.

Oh, now there's a new thought NO ONE has considered. That these evil guys might actually get Nukes and threaten the US (and, of course Israel). What in God's name do you think we've been doing for years, if not preventing angry, hostile, terrorist-tactic entitites from doing just that. Fortunately, by our refusal to put up with the Saddam's of the world who clearly wanted the rest of the world to believe he had that capacity, other nations are coming clean, like Ghadaffi.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

The problem is HATRED, not haves and have nots, not rich and poor, not arab and american, it's hatred by certain people for others. Currently our focus is on radical Islam, it could just as easily be the Basqs next time around.

Admission time, I used to blame the UK for the situation in Northern Ireland, now, I blame the terrorists on the unionist and republican side of the Ireland conflict.

• Simon
    Simon

As always, the problem is religious extremists with political views.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

The problem is HATRED, not haves and have nots, not rich and poor, not arab and american, it's hatred by certain people for others.

well of course its hatred but the hatred doesn't come out of nowhere! it is based on murder, injustice, oppression and haves and have nots. if you do not resolve these issues you will not get peace. you can take out the leaders but the hatered in the population will remain and will break out again at a later time in history.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

well of course its hatred but the hatred doesn't come out of nowhere!

So, based on your rationale, I assume you have a good explanation for Hitler/Germanic hatred of JEWS as was so clearly expressed durng WWII. Guess they did something do deserve it.

And, in the same vein, guess you have a good explanation of the Taliban terrorists' hatred and oppression of women. Couldn't have come out of "nowhere."

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

I am trying to get in as a mercenary in Iraq. But I dont agree with Bush and dont think we should have gone in. And as a mercenary I would believe in getting paid, not the cause. I wouldnt go to fight as a part of Military forces.

I think if the media was allowed to show the more graphic war footage and its aftermath people would be less likely to seek violence before being drawn into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit