To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Avishai,

I'm not trying to fish. It's just that when the question is brought home it is harder and it does matter very much. There are parents who are losing 18 and 19 years olds. These are their babies.

I believe every man and woman who supports the war in Iraq should look at their children and remember that someone else's beloved child is dying in Iraq. They will not come back.

War must be justified otherwise the price paid is unbearable.

Sabrina

• Xena
    Xena

Yep I would join the military if they would take me and I had someone to look after my daughter. As would my ex. If my daughter decided she wanted to join when she was old enough I would be more than happy for her to. My father was a career military man.

Is there a point to this? Do you want to make out that people who aren't against the war need to get off their asses and go and fight it themselves? That what this is about?

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Xena,

Is there a point to this? Do you want to make out that people who aren't against the war need to get off their asses and go and fight it themselves? That what this is about?

First of all, I was talking about joining the military to fight the war in Iraq. As for my motive please see my post above yours.

And, frankly yes. Those who are for the war in Iraq should at least be out there encouraging others to be joining up. I've seen no such drive by war supporters.

Sabrina

• Xena
    Xena

We cross posted so I didn't see your post till after mine posted.

Curious, what are you doing to promote peace?

• avishai
    avishai
    Avishai,

I'm not trying to fish

Did'nt think you were, hon.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    There are parents who are losing 18 and 19 years olds. These are their babies.

I believe every man and woman who supports the war in Iraq should look at their children and remember that someone else's beloved child is dying in Iraq. They will not come back.

Don't you think these young people death effects us too. It's very very sad. All familes in any war face such tragedy. I watched a t.v. show the other night that said the "price" of the battle at Iwo Jima was 23,000 casualties out of 70,000 Marines.... 7,000 were dead in that ONE 5-week battle. Most marines who died were also they young 18 and 19 year olds. I'm not trying to compare the wars, just that war in general is as they say HELL. I'm not so much as a supporter of Bush as I am of getting the terrorists before they come and get us. So far, "the other shoe" hasn't fallen since 9/11. I remember a radio show right after 9/11 when someone called in and said, "why don't we just negotiate with the terrorists".... the radio personality said, "Do you think those guys that hijacked those planes would negoitate anything?....NO, they had one goal in mind, they completed it, and like all terrorists, they're in it for the long run and don't negotiate anything."

Having said all of that, I do have one big complaint. During the first Gulf War, the U.S. made the biggest mistake of not going to Bagdad and toppeling Saddam. We had everything going for us then, including U.N. backing.....

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine
    what are you doing to promote peace?

I will be working hard in my state to defeat George Bush. The United Nations must be brought in to help our troops and the effort to bring peace to Iraq. President Bush squandered our opportunity to have the support of the world in fighting terrorism. He no longer has the credibility to lead America before the world.

I am one of those, ABB, Anybody But Bush! He has led us to a war which has fed Al Qaida not defeat it. He left Afghanistan before the job was done. Our troops have not been properly supplied. The troop rotation is a sorry mess. Rumsfeld ordered less troops than the military Generals wanted. The list of bad judgements goes on and on.

The Vietnam war buck stopped with President Johnson, this buck will stop with President Bush. It must stop with President Bush. It must stop because if he gets a second term, whose to say he will not invade another nation he feels needs cleaning out! Especially since the worry of re-election will no longer be a restraint.

Sabrina

Edited to add: What should have said was he left the focus of fighting terrorism in Afghanistan to go and invade Iraq.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Avishai,

Did'nt think you were, hon.

Thank you.

• Xena
    Xena
    I will be working hard in my state to defeat George Bush

ah, got ya...so uumm nothing YET then I take it?

Look I'm not trying to dog you or anything but you started this thread to bash people who are pro-bush or pro-war for not going to war...for not standing behind what they believe (in a the way you personally feel they should be)...so how are you any better then you perceive them to be?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    The Vietnam war buck stopped with President Johnson, this buck will stop with President Bush.

Probably so, I'm not thrilled about Bush, but I won't vote for Kerry ... his voting record is abysmal and I think that's going to be the chink in his armour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit