To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Xena,

Your dodge is the very thing which turns people like me against politics. I am not calling for the children of other Americans to die in order to satisfy the political pursuits of a man who has proven to be incompetent.

You support the war, you should be out there recruiting young people for that war, it is raging now you know! Whether I work to defeat President Bush in April or in October is irrevelent, he will be defeated. He must be defeated.

Sabrina

• Realist
    Realist
    truth is the first victim of war
    Aischylos (525-456), greek Poet and creator of the greek tragedy.

Sad, 2500 years have passed and nothing has changed. Good people still fall for lies and empty phrases.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

truth is the first victim of war
    True, but it's also sad that the statement works for the terrorists as well.

• Xena
    Xena

testy aren't we? You started the thread...you want to bash people who have an opinion different from yours...but you do nothing to promote your own agenda but brandy empty words. Your a hypocrite,

I never said I supported the war necessarily but I do support my country....and yes I would join and fight personally because it is going on and it needs to be finished and personally I would rather be on the winning side than the losing. But I am also willing to allow other people to make their own decisions without the judgemental attitude...

• Realist
    Realist

double,

yes the statement works for both sides.

here we have corporate america making americans and others fight against religious nuts who came to power due to corporate america (and to a lesser extend corporate europe). and you guys (and we in europe but to a lesser extend) have to pay the price. the whole thing is a large scale money transfer from the average folks to a few elitists. and you are willing to pay the price because you were made to believe this is a war between FREEDOM and TYRANNY between GOOD and EVIL. strong words that mask everything that lies at the bottom of the problem.

• bisous
    bisous

look Green, I am not a defender of either but have to say when you start a whole dam* thread, then you ought to have your own house in order and present an argument instead of asking such an open-ended question and then baiting people.

I supported Gore and his campaign by working in the local headquarters in SF, I peacefully protested the war persistently...and I am currently assisting a number of anti-Bush efforts. This doesn't make me immensely popular here, but c'est la vie.

Lay your own cards on the table with your supporting views and maybe you'll spark a dialogue.

p.s. Your bolding your words for emphasis presents your communication in a very condescending manner.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I actually looked into volunteering, but to no avail... :(

Rev

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Xena,

Of all the responders to this thread you are the only one who seems to be overly offended by it. This is a discussion board, politics are discussed, the country is divided, so it is not surprising that opposite views exist here.

Yes, I believe those who support the war should put their money where their mouth is, parents all over the country are losing sons and daughters. Or should we have a country where some go to war and others pay lip service to that war?

Would you support the war in Iraq if Bill Clinton were in the White House?

Sabrina

Edited to add: I did not see the above posts when I posted this one.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Would you support the war in Iraq if Bill Clinton were in the White House?

I couldn't stand President Clinton, but I supported him each and every time he bombed Iraq.

Rev

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Bisous,

Lay your own cards on the table with your supporting views and maybe you'll spark a dialogue

I have already done that. I believe that the supporters of the war should be actively involved in recruiting others to join the military. If I felt war was necessary to protect my country, I sure as you know what would be out there encouraging everyone to get in the fight.

Is there something wrong with that? I live in a swing state, no war supporters are out there telling young people to join the war in Iraq. Why?

Sabrina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit