To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Would you be willing, if possible, to volunteer to fight in Iraq?

Are you encouraging your children or grandchildren to volunteer and fight?

Please list your names below.

• copsec
    copsec

If I was younger, your damn straight I would be there. But, they won't take me at my age and physical condition. And although I don't have children old enough to fight, if my children made that choice, I would be sad to let them go but I would stand proud. This is MY country and I am proud and I would rather we fight this war over there than here in my homeland. Okay, go ahead and blast me but that's how I feel.

• avishai
    avishai

Ditto, copsec. Why do you want our names, Green? What's your's? Are you trying to "out" someone?

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Copsec,

I'm not going to blast you.

My father volunteered for WWll, he felt it was a necessary war. When Vietnam came along though, he felt it was a political war badly run. He was against that war and believed the young men who fled to Canada were doing the right thing. He served in WWll honorably but he said that when politicians send us to war it is not always a war in our best interests. He also said politicians to quote him, "don't know ****about war." He did not trust politicians.

I agree with him.

Sabrina

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Would you be willing, if possible, to volunteer to fight in Iraq?

Yes, I'd rather fight there than let the terrorists continue on to strengthen, get a foothold, and then bring it back to this country. My father too was a WWII volunteer who served his country. At one point, I too opposed the war in vietnam.... but this is different. No back and forth debate... this is my firm belief. Saddam aided terrorists all of his life, he was evil to his people, including children .... good riddence.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Avishai,

Why do you want our names, Green? What's your's? Are you trying to "out" someone?

I meant your screen names.

Well, Avishai I am glad to hear you would go to Fallujah yourself and you would want your children and grandchilren to go there too.

Do you have children or grandchildren old enough to join the military?

Sabrina

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I meant your screen names.

Whew... I didn't want to blow my cover if I didn't have to.

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Double Edge,

Sabrina

• avishai
    avishai
    Well, Avishai I am glad to hear you would go to Fallujah yourself and you would want your children and grandchilren to go there too.

I have kids, but, no not old enough to join the military. It'd be tough. Would i have wanted them to go to vietnam? probably not. WWII? Definetely. People are so polarized. These questions are NOT easy, unless you are a totally partisan idiot, btw.So many people are fishing for those kind of arguments, just to argue and get in peoples face. I did'nt care for Clinton much. I don't care much for Bush either. More on this later.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

No. But a have a couple of nephews. One is trying to get into the Marines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit