To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• Realist
    Realist

black,

good point.

but both things had little to do with suicide bombers etc. this was not terrorism in the common sense but state oppression.

in case of the taliban it is religious fanatism (which arises usually out of poverty and desperation) in case of the nazis have and have nots plus the war of course.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

Are you a Marxist? All this "haves and have nots" stuff sounds like it.

well of course its hatred but the hatred doesn't come out of nowhere! it is based on murder, injustice, oppression and haves and have nots. if you do not resolve these issues you will not get peace. you can take out the leaders but the hatered in the population will remain and will break out again at a later time in history.

Actually, yes, hatred does quite often come from nowhere...find someone to blame for your life not being perfect and hate them. Believe me, I know we need to try to bring up the standard of living of those around the world, but many simply don't want it...and it's not the US or even Israel causing this status, but the Arab world itself...it's leaders...who deflect all this as if it's the fault of the US or Israel.

Funny the PA complains about money....as one of the leaders of Al Aqsa moves to Egypt with 200 million dollars of PA money in his own personal account. Start pointing the blame where it belongs. The PA holds the reigns of power and stirs up hatred as it sticks it's hands in the international pocket book...They're laughing all the way to the bank.

Simon,

Did you say something? The JW's sure have soured you on religion...religion isn't the problem, fanaticism and hatred are...the are fanatical and hate filled athiests too Simon.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

i find communism very appealing. i realize however that it most likely does not work due to our egoism.

Actually, yes, hatred does quite often come from nowhere...find someone to blame for your life not being perfect and hate them. Believe me, I know we need to try to bring up the standard of living of those around the world, but many simply don't want it...and it's not the US or even Israel causing this status, but the Arab world itself...it's leaders...who deflect all this as if it's the fault of the US or Israel.

are you saying that it would be as easy to find suicide bombers if the arabs would have the same lifestyle as the jews? if they would not live in refugee camps? that without any jews or westerners being in the region the arabs would have the same hate for us? i seriously doubt that.

hatred that wants you to kill someone is rarely caused by pure imagination. something has to be very wrong to cause a whole population to feel like this.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

i find communism very appealing. i realize however that it most likely does not work due to our egoism.

Lets all have the same stuff? The same money? The same houses? The same cars? No individualism? No motivation to succeed? No recognition? No rewards for hard work? The Govt dictating your life? No freedom? No rights?

No thanks.

Realist,

Drink some Rum and call me in the morning.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

crazy,

what is unrealistic? the numbers i posted? or the fact that arabs lived there for centuries?

You are saying that the Jews are on Arab land. Im saying that the Arabs are on Roman land. Do I need to post facts on the Roman empire? The American Indians have lived here for THOUSANDS of years! I guess we better Move back to Europe! Watch out Simon here we come :) Everyone is living on someone elses land. Get over it.

• Realist
    Realist

crazy,

you confuse the idea of communism with the implementation of communism under stalin, mao, etc.

the idea would be that everyone works as hard as he /she can and gets everything to live a comfortable life in return. no rich people no poor people.

this has nothing to do with everyone becoming a drone lacking individualism.

• dubla
    dubla

simon-

I too disagree with this. One thing that has happened is that some of those who very vocally (and often aggressively) backed the war to an extreme extent have buggered off because they ended up very exposed...........They claimed so many things and now the easiest thing to do is to whimper about "America bashing" and try and pretend that they left for different reasons than they really did.

coming from someone who routinely and conveniently vanishes when specifically proven wrong on an issue, i find this quote absolutely hilarious. thanks for the chuckle.

aa

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

but both things had little to do with suicide bombers etc. this was not terrorism in the common sense but state oppression.

Okay, State Oppression caused the murder of millions of Jews and other groups. Not sheer poverty. Note to self: Avoid any appearance of "opression" to anyone. They could rise up and be justified in killing you. (Come to think of it, I could have murdered my last boss, and be exonerated because he "opressed" me.

So, in talking about "suicide bombers," what are your thoughts about the wartime Kamakazes of Japan? Functioning out of oppression?

in case of the taliban it is religious fanatism (which arises usually out of poverty and desperation) in case of the nazis have and have nots plus the war of course.

And as has been pointed out ad nauseum the leader of the Taliban and the leader of terrorist attacks on the US and others was a weathly, well-born, well-familied BUSINESSMAN. If he had spend half his wealth and a fraction of his enegergy upon feeding his hungry and opressed kinsman, they wouldn't be "proverty sticken" as you suggest.

And if Saddaam had spent one fraction of his nations oil wealth on actually FEEDING his people, they wouldn't be starving. This embargo crap is assine. These nations have the OIL WEALTH to give their people a comfortable life style. Because Saddaam pocketed the riches to buy lavish houses, women, and toys, the bulk of his people went hungry. Oh, but no, libs are saying, its the US embargo that killed his people.

• Realist
    Realist

black,

i am sorry you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Simon
    Simon
    coming from someone who routinely and conveniently vanishes when specifically proven wrong on an issue, i find this quote absolutely hilarious. thanks for the chuckle.

Oh, I see you are back again ...

Sorry, but when I've made my point I see little reason to keep having to repeat it just because some die-hard republican zealot refuses to accept the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit