To the Defenders of George Bush and the War in Iraq

by Greenpalmtreestillmine 208 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UNRealist, I suppose the fact that up until 1967 the Arabs were using the West Bank and Gaza to attack Israel means nothing to you...and as to Israel attacking the Arabs, yep, they launched their war a whole 12 hours ahead of the Arabs scheduled attack against Israel....those horrible aggressive Jews.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

fact is israel annext foreign territory. they are not better than germany in 1939 or hussein in 1991.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UNrealistic, Whose territory did they annex? There was no country of Palestine. The west bank was illegally occupied by Jordan, the Gaza illegally occupied by Egypt, Syria was bombing Israeli towns from the Golan, Lebenon was launching raids against schools in Israel; they were using these territories to kill innocent civilians in Israel. What should Israel have done? None of these facts seem to trouble you...they didn't trouble the UN either. What they did was launch a pre-emptive attack just prior to an attack against Israel by the Arab forces. They DEFENDED themselves...yet you would deny them that right. You seem always to side with the terrorists.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

israel is the terrorist! the very existence of israel in its current borders is an injustice! this was arab land!

even if israel launched a preemtive strike JUST to defend its civilians have they no right to annext the territory. and besides...the israeils killed at least as many arab civilians as vice versa.

and as i stated already a long time ago...it is irrelevant to what countries palestinian terroritory belonged ...it is arab land and they DO NOT want to be controlled by jews! even you should be able to grasp that.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

You're refusal to address the issue of the unjust attacks against Israel from 1948-1947 shows that you will never be able to look at this issue fairly. You want to blame it all on the hated Jews and absolve the "arabs" from all blame.

The "arabs" have never been a "people" any more than Europeans have. Get off that kick and address the issue, with the UN ignoring the attacks against Israel, and the growing number of violent attacks from all sides, what was Israel to do?

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

we had a similar discussion about a year ago. back then i posted the UN numbers from 1945 about the population distribution between arabs and jews in the various districts of israel. you completely IGNORED those numbers! i can dig them up again if required.

the problem is that arabs who lived on that land (arab land!) that became israel were forced to leave without reparation! you cannot expect those people to just shut up about it. the wolrd screamed out when germany took over poland...this situation is very similar.

i am sorry but israel is by all means and purposes the aggressor in this conflict. was from the very beginning. you cannot take land away from others and expect them to be fine with it.

• berten
    berten

>...The "arabs" have never been a "people" any more than Europeans have.

How more racist can you get?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Berten,

Racist? Hardly, it's a simple statement of fact. There has NEVER been a unified Arab government. Do we refer to European land, European people? Perhaps this imagined ethnocentrism by some 'arabs" is part of the problem. People are people.

Realist,

Once again you did a DANDY job of dodging the real issues involved...congratulations...you've earned a Masters Degree in Justifying Terrorism. It was your beloved UN that determined that Israel should exist. Accept that fact.

Arabs forced off their land? usually this was done by other Arabs. Sure, there were cases where the Israelis did it, but mostly it was the INVADING Arab Armies that wanted the Arabs out of the way promising to give them them their land back when the Jews were driven into the sea. Until 1998 all an Arab had to do was produce ownership of land and it was given back to them.

So, again, I ask you, with attacks from all sides, being a legitimate country with it's right to exist acknowledged by your favorite boys club the UN, what should Israel have done to stop the Arabs from killing them?

I'm sorry it is the Arabs who are the aggressors in this case, history proves it. The Arabs launched the war of 1948, the Arabs ILLEGALLY occuppied the Gaza, West Bank, etc until 1967 using it as a means of attack against Israel.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

what is the real issue here? who started the damn problem? the ones who lived there for the past several hundred years or the ones who invaded the area?

hell what would you think if suddenly mexicans would claim california and new mexico back and degrade you to second class citizens? would it help you if it was done with the consent of the UN? i don't think so! especially you as a person fighting for your country should understand the arabs not wanting to get under jewish control!

you still have to answer that question before we can go on about whether or not the arabs reacted in the wrong way!

here is the population distribution (ONCE AGAIN) from 1946. and now tell me that the partition was reasonable and just to the arabs! HA!

and here (AGAIN!) is the LAND distribution from 1946!

and here are the OFFICIAL UN numbers of population distribution in 1946 - 1947 so you cannot pretend the above pictures are a fake!.

http://domino.un.org/unispal.nsf/561c6ee353d740fb8525607d00581829/be931279021bcfb4852563d20078d30b!OpenDocument

and lastly a short read for you!

http://www.blancmange.net/tmh/articles/halbrook.html

• avishai
    avishai

So? The UN offered the "palestinians" their own land. Just as large or larger, in 1947-48. The "palestinians" told the UN to go screw themselves.

Also, why won't the "Palestinians" brothers in egypt, Lebanon, and Jordan, not let them emigrate to those countries?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit