Hey im NEW

by kozmik 108 Replies latest jw experiences

• Poztate
    Poztate
    JW clearly outshines any religion.

You can't shine SHIT !!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    You know how the Witnesses in the congregation say that many who leave the organization don't do well and end up having inmoral lives, sleeping with people, getting drunk, doing just bad, etc? Well you know what? They do.

Joker10, that's a rather sweeping statement, don't you think? As for me and my household (pardon the sarcastic quote), we didn't go off the deep end when we left. Neither of us have cheated, the kids are still normal elementary school students, and very good ones, with no disciplinary problems. We are happier now that we've left. We celebrate birthdays and holidays with gusto and no guilt. We have some really interesting friends who like us for who we are and not for what we say we believe. We have less stress, more fun, and a better outlook on life.

So get off your high horse and see life for what it really is.

Nina

• Panda
    Panda

Welcome to the new kid who started this thread.

Yes this JWD forum has tons of threads and postings. Ask yourself why? Why are so many x-jws interested in sharing experiences and knowledge? Why should we care? Because people like you need the answers.

An observation: Your initial posting was somewhat illiterate and psuedo "kid", as your postings grew your language and syntax changed. Next time you want to fly your bs and see what you stir up you'll need to pay more attention to consistency with your chosen personality. Don't be so transparent, sheeesh you almost sound like an assembly part or awake article....

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome!

Please do your research before "joining" any religion.

Codeblue

• kozmik
    kozmik

well i dont puch much effort gramatically into these posts, i just tend to get my point across. First of all, i didnt look into my religion with rose colored glasses. Ive actually challenged alot of what ive been taught over the years and i just keep on getting shown that JW is pretty damn straight up. Never in 18 years have i ever encountered anything remoteley wrong with our elders. I used to be taken care of by my elder as a kid, never in my life have I met someone like him, he was freakin awesome as hell, treated me like a son. The people go to thrown out were people who didnt want to change their ways, and i honestly cant find a better religion that sticks to the BIBLE. i beleive in the bible and i beleive in god. i think you guys are obsessed with the imperfections certain individuals have had in the past, but trust me...thats not the way it is. And i persoanally dont think i am a man whore, i mean yea i sleep around sometimes but not to what i think is whorish. Oh and im really terribly sorry to hear about your daughter, but i really think you shouldnt blame JW, it was just a horrible thing to happen, it wasnt her fault...i blame whatever issues she had. My friends sisters and people who arent married get perfectly along with everyone etc etc. They dont just threaten to give you the boot, they tell you if you dont change whatever you get in this state of MuTE where you cant comment on the review of Watchtower etc etc, after that your pretty much gone. Anyway, peace

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Maybe its because your not married to one. (elder) The weird crap they do is beyond reason!

• Quotes
    Quotes

Hi Kozmik, Welcome to the discussion board.

Let me see if I understand your thinking here.

Your Point: JWs are great people -- well guess what, there are great people who are NOT JWs too. That in itself proves nothing, one way or another.

Your Point: Other people in other religions don't follow the bible. Of course, what you mean by that is they don't follow the New World Translation, and don't follow the interpretations provided by the Editorial staff at Watchtower Corp. Hhhmmm.... In other words, other religions are false because they don't believe & do exactly what Watchtower believes & does. This is circular reasoning. Think of it this way: A Seventh Day Adventist says that SDA is the True Religion, because only they follow the bible, only they keep the 7th day holy, which of course is Saturday and since that is the most important thing, therefore SDA is the true religion 'cause only they follow the bible! You see the circle here?

Next: JWs are fantastic because they are clean and pure..... but you, by your own words, are a "whore". Sounds like even if you are right about them being the true religion, you don't belong anyway. Your heart is impure, you have repeatedly committed sin. You know it is wrong, and yet you do it anyway. JW doctrine says that God hates hypocrisy. God will judge your heart and you will not survive his judgement. That being the case, there is no point in pretending to be a JW. You are only fooling yourself. Might as well quit now, so you can enjoy your life, since that is all you have anyways, by JW logic.

Perhaps it is time you read about JWs in their own words. From the pages of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. The stuff they never bother to put on their own "Library CD". Please spend some time at my site: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/. There is not editorial or commentary, only quotes from Watchtower literature, arranged topically.

There you will learn about the history of the Watchtower & JWs which is somewhat different from the "sanitzied" version they present. As just one quick example: JWs are quick to condemn the Catholic Church for it's racist comments from the 19th century, but they seem to forget their own racism from the 20th century: http://quotes.watchtower.ca/race.htm.

• Valis
    Valis

Brother Quotes...you are awesome...I am suprised though...if you live near Brother Beans, how could you possibly not be drunk...and if you posted that when you were drunk then I will bow down in worship to the Canadian Branch any day...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Gopher
    Gopher
    actually challenged alot of what ive been taught over the years and i just keep on getting shown that JW is pretty damn straight up.

I was raised a JW, and I used to think that I asked all the right questions and got all the right answers.

It took me being kicked out of the religion based on untrue insinuations from just one person (where's the two-eyewitness rule??) that made me feel the unfairness that can emanate from the organization. Then I found out (by reading here and on www.freeminds.org ) that power-hungry elders are a worldwide phenomenon among the JW's.

Kozmik, maybe you'll have to be psychologically abused and kicked to the curb to feel what some of us here feel. That's what it took to get my eyes opened.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This has been bothering for some time, and I just have to spill it. ConfusedJW, Funkyderek did not misspell spelt.

Main Entry: 2 spelt
    Pronunciation: 'spelt
    chiefly British past and past participle of SPELL

(Mirriam Webster)

Hmmmmm, don't MOST eighteen year olds have all the answers? Life itself should knock off a few of the sharp corners in time. Cosmic, as you sharpen and define your beliefs in the next few years, be careful not to make any permanent decisions about your future. Like getting married, or getting baptized, or getting a girl pregnant, or catching a STD.

Take your time, and continue to investigate.

By the way, my children, raised in Christendom's churches, remained virgins throughout high school. They also read and understand the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit