Hey im NEW

by kozmik 108 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nadsam
    Nadsam

Science doesn't lie....Man originated from the Apes !

Why waste time on a cult that believes that suddenly species just popped up fully developed , ready to entertain Adam and the best reasoning comes from the bible ..a book rewritten thousands of times!

Break Away Today

Nadsam

[email protected]

• Sassy
    Sassy
    I think Kozmik is afraid to look at any of the links we provided. He may end up finding out the real truth!

I think Koz is not even real.. a troll..

it is kind of sad so much energy gets put into a thread like this started by a 'so called' newbie..

when real newbie's that join up don't get as much attention..

• Bryan
    Bryan

I think the real newbie's still read the posts and learn.

Bryan

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Well, aside from him being so rude to his elders (at the tender age of 18, no less!), I wish this pup would at least learn to spell. I mean, if he's as smart as he keeps insisting, why does kozmic have the spelling and grammar skills of an 8 year old child?

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

I think the real newbie's still read the posts and learn

Yes we do!

TRUTHSEEKER

• a wee scots lass
    a wee scots lass

I am sorry to be so blunt Kozmik - but grow up!

If you have proper defences to some of the teachings or practices more than happy to discuss them but if you just have blind faith then go get the cataracts removed then come back to discus the issues.

Scots Lass

• Panda
    Panda

Obviously you are not ...

... openly admitting of what i do wrong

If you were, you'd be in a JC and if unrepentent get the DF. So you are not admitting your sins to the people who (according to you) have gods holy spirit and would help you.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Hi Kozmit, and welcome!

Let me just say your opinion is welcome. However, unless you make decisions on a purely emotional or philosophical level, you are going to have to deal with the facts....someday. Here on this board people tend to be pretty tolerant of anyones ideas and beliefs. BUT if you hope to convince anyone hear that what you say is valid, you must address the glaring inconsistancies, scandals and doctrinal gymnastics employed by 'The Society'.

Sure, most people in the hall are 'good people'. So are most people in general (yes it's true).

So are you ready to Play Ball, or are you just hoping to validate your intuitions ? (Here's the wind-up.... the pitch... it's a fast-ball.... the batter swings and - ?)

For decades 'The Society' has taught the UN was the "image of the wild beast". In June 1992, the WT article "Their refuge the lie" blasted Chistendom for it's "extensive involvement" with the UN. In ppg 10-11 it cites 24 Catholic NGO (Non-Governmental Organization) affiliates with the UN. The article concludes by reaffirming Christendom's destiny of destructiuon and contrasts that with the WT's seperation from the world.

Low and behold, 11 years later a London Journalist discovers "The Society' was secretly affiliated with the UN in the exact same NGO program that warrants Christendom's destruction.

Q) Care to comment on that?

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

I was just going to sit back and read this thread, but your comments about how wonderful the elders are provoked me to post. Odds are in any large group of people such as Witness or any other religion for that matter, there are going to be good people and bad people. Many of them are sincere in what they are doing just as many are in other religions. However Witnesses proclaim to be the one and only true religion and "you will know them by their works" where is the seperation? When I was married to my former pioneer ex-husband who beat me, verbally abused me and controlled how many squares of toilet paper I used when I went to the bathroom because "I'm your husband and you must obey me". When I got beat for starting a fire in our woodstove that went out, the Elder I talked to showed me how to make a fire so it wouldn't happen again. Never once did the Elders talk to my abusive husband but they read me scriptures on how to be a submissive wife.

When I finally left him they pressured me to go back so I wouldn't get myself in trouble being that I was a young attractive 25 year old with two children. When I purposely committed adultry after being apart from my husband for 3 years in order to be free of him, I was disfellowshipped. Ironically the most insensitive Elder on the committee who was urging the other Elders to disfellowship me was later caught molesting the teenage boys in the congregation. Yeah those Elders just make me feel warm and fuzzy all over. Don't tell me I just had a bad congregation I could relay story after story similar to mine and worse, just keep reading this board.

Elders are so charitible that you can't even have a funeral in the Kingdom Hall if you've been inactive, can you honestly say Christ would treat people this way? The majority are the most self righteous, judgemental people in existance. They are raised to be that way. They hear their parents from a very early age judging "worldly people" and other Witnesses that aren't quite spiritual enough. I don't miss the judgemental eyes looking me up and down at all the meetings.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that the perverts in the congregation are dealt with accordingly. There is a lawsuit going on right now in my area that has been in the newspapers where some young men 25 years old are suing the congregation for allowing a molester to stay in the congregation after he was reported to the elders. They were told as children not to tell anybody as it would bring reproach upon the congregation, therefore he was left to molest others as he wasn't dealt with legally. How do you defend that all too common scenerio?

I actually had this post in paragraphs but it didn't come out that way for some reason, sorry.

• SYN
    SYN
    But i think they tell the elders that i am a man whore at school (which is kinda true, i do have many women although im starting to settle down with one)

Oh, and you're modest, too!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit