APOSTATES AT THE ASSEMBLY...

by cyber-sista 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Hey ellderwho,

" What goes to heaven when one of the 144K dies?"

That is an interesting question--one I have never even thought of after all my years in the Org. Yeh, what? Not a body that's for sure. Imperfect personality and human traits? No, can't be that one. Great knowledge? No, certainly there would be no need of an imperfect human's knowledge in perfect heaven where everyone knows everything already. So why would their purpose be up there anyway? Yes, I know they were supposed to be the class ruling from heaven, but what's the sense of that? God would have to totally strip off their personalities, human traits and everything else that made them who they are before they would even qualify for such a position. So, in that sense there would be nothing left of them. Anyway, just some midnight ramblings here. The longer I am away from the Org the more absurd the teachings all seem to me now. The scary thing is to me now-- how could I have been so brainwashed?

• trumangirl
    trumangirl

"DOES THE NEW LIGHT ABOUT THE GENERATION MAKE SENSE TO YOU?"

OR

"SINCERELY BELIVING SOMETHING WILL NOT MAKE IT RIGHT IF IT REALLY IS WRONG" - LF Book, page 32

OR

"THE TEST OF A TRUE PROPHET - DEUT 18:22"

I've never seen a picketing apostate at an assembly. I think if I had, and they weren't obnoxious about it, it would definitely have 'planted a seed'. The internet saved me.

Trumangirl

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

" What goes to heaven when one of the 144K dies?"

Reasoning from the scriptures pg. 385;

"Thus, after a person dies, his spirit does not exist as an immaterial being that can think and carry out plans apart from the body."

The "what goes to heaven" questioning is along the line of "what came down from heaven" when the the "life" of Michael was transfered to Mary? Or what became of Michael? If he willed himself out of existence, then either God killed him or He commited suicide.

Reason from the Scriptures pg 218

"Reasonably, then the archangel Michael is Jesus Christ."

E.

• IT Support
    IT Support

"Is the Governing Body inspired by God?"

or

"If they hide child abusers, they are neither faithful nor discreet."

Regards,

Ken

• abbagail
    abbagail

My very first assembly as a pre-dunked-dub was a circuit assembly in Grand Junction, CO, '79... And unbeknownst to any of the JWs, the entire long front row of seats at the foot of the platform was occupied by apostates who 'played along' until the speaker got up at the podiium and began to talk. Then they all 'charged the stage' in unison shouting their 'poztate message (which I have no idea what they even said, because it was utter chaos, shock & awe -- I was completely Horrified at the time, lol -- wow, it was a real freak-out! And within a few seconds, the 'bodyguards/security' were all over those 'poztates, hauling them out the door as fast as they had raided the platform, lol. It really was something! Guess I shoulda gotten a clue... :-/
    Grits

• abbagail
    abbagail

LOVE the billboard idea! Who doesn't have fond memories of reading billboards as a kiddie riding in the backseat? Peacan Rolls, Peacan Rolls were plastered on every other sign...

When I was about 18, I worked part-time for this couple who owned a small advertising agency, and I had the 'joy' (for real) of HAND-LETTERING the wording for a billboard (long before 'puters). They had me sit at a table with this long roll of very-wide paper and I had to hand-letter the large words in pencil. That was the first step in the process of creating a billboard in those days. I absolutely LOVED it! Too bad I only stayed there a few months... this couple FOUGHT like cats and dogs, screaming and hollering at each other Every Single Day, and they didn't seem to mind fighting right in front of me, all the time. I couldn't stomach it, so I quit and never went back, though it was one of my 'fav' little jobs of all time. Anyhoo...

"Who gets to count the "time" for the billboard?" (someone asked)...

Heehee, that would make a great "P.S." no matter which slogan is used, such as:
    ------------

Watchtower + Rules... Pharisees + Law = What's the Dif?

P.S.: Did you read that? Good, we can now count time for it.

-------------

LOL, that would really get their goat.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Stay alive till 75!

Oh..so did we all.

Englishman.

• abbagail
    abbagail

This one is great, too:

"WHY was the WT involved with the United Nations from 1991-2001?"

--and worded another way--

If it was ONLY for a library card, WHY DIDN'T THEY TELL YOU?

Watchtower: NGO w/The United Nations 1991-2001: see: www.un.org, etc...

• abbagail
    abbagail

Someone suggested:
    "The ultimate, of course, would be to somehow get access to place a poster in one of the venues themselves."

Yes, early rising apostates could enter the coliseums and tape individual flyers on the backside of the doors in EACH stall in each ladies' room. Any woman can't help but look right at it as she takes her seat on the queen's throne! ;-) At least ONE person would see each 'flyer' anyway.

• abbagail
    abbagail

"The society might keep most JW's off of "apostate" sites, but they can't keep their eyes off the road."
    ----------

This is so true. Once I drove to West Palm Beach to attend the DC back in the 80s, and there were 'poztates all over the sidewalks outside, with yellow poster-signs. Even though I was driving, I couldn't help but look over at all the commotion and ruckus (they were the very noisy-type 'poztates ;-) as I drove around looking for where to park, though I do not even remember what any of their signs said. I wasn't up close enough to see them clearly. WIDE, BOLD Lettering would be my suggestion when drawing up posters (rather than thin-lined lettering which is too hard to see unless right up on it).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit