APOSTATES AT THE ASSEMBLY...

by cyber-sista 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mouthy
    mouthy

bttp

• izobcenec
    izobcenec
    Izobecenic I have videos of the picketing in Brooklyn

Really? I am very interested in them...could you send it to me?
    If they are large size, PM or mail me...i can arrange FTP...

[email protected]

Regards, Izzy

• mouthy
    mouthy

You have a PM

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

We often had so-called "apostates" at our district conventions. I had mixed feelings about their presence. Depending on my mood I was confused about why they would bother, or I would mentally sneer at them or ridicule them, OOOOR, sometimes their message touched me, because when the signs did not emphasize hatred of Jehovah's Witnesses but rather emphasized the love of Jesus, I secretly longed for THAT kind of religion instead of the empty one I had....

When I cared at all, I often felt it was rude and presumptuous of them to infringe on our private convention arrangements, but I see from Mouthy's comments that there weren't a lot of opportunities to reach us like there are now, and they were standing up for a very important cause and trying to help us as they had been helped.

Mouthy - I would dearly love to see some of those pictures of you all picketing!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    In NZ many people have a large folding sunprotector that fills the whole front windscreen of their car to protect it from UV. They are ideal for advertising.
    Why was the WT involved with the United Nations from 1991-2001?

For more information go to>www.un.org/

...right across your windscreen every time you park your car.

Park that in front of the Hall before the meetings and assemblys and you are going to be seen by many.

It is cheap and it is at eye level.

THIS ONE IS WORTH REPEATING. GREAT IDEA. LOW COST AND EFFECTIVE.

PS. This was my first thread and if someone would have told me last year that I would be promoting something of this sort, I would have told them "unbelievable--no way." But here I am now--doing the major fade thing and trying to support others who have been beat up by the Org. in one way or another. I know that many who are left in there cannot be helped. Some I know are so entrenched in it that it has become their whole identity, but things can change even in the life of a hard-core JW. I personally saw things that I could no longer dismiss.

For each one it will have to be a different process,--for some in there who already have doubts and are suffering in that whole program this type of approach may help them. Some who have not been involved in the Org may wonder--what's the big deal?--just leave it behind--get on with your life--it's just another religion. But for many this is not the case with this Organization, as it does end up permeating so many aspects of our lives, and in many cases this can continue on for a lifetime. I agree it is not the worst religion in the world, but when you read about all the pain and suffering it has caused in the lives of so many here, I would say it is well worth the effort to try to help in some small ways if we can--if not those who are already in the Org, but those who may be studying or the "newly interested ones" so that they would at least know what they are getting themselves in to--I didn't know

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Simple message that might work:

We used to be just like you.

www.jehovahs-witness.com

• franklin J
    franklin J

...Apostates at the assemblies.....Damn! is nothing sacred anymore?

LOL, thanks for my chuckle of the day!

• mouthy
    mouthy

You may BORROW the video's -But I want them back..

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Thinking there must still be some more good ideas on this thread out there...

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

" What goes to heaven when one of the 144K dies?"

E.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit