APOSTATES AT THE ASSEMBLY...

by cyber-sista 60 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Do you know what would be an awesome thing to see?

One of those huge billboards outside of the assembly location.

Why was the WT involved with the United Nations from 1991-2001?

For more information go to>www.un.org/

• shamus
    shamus

The only apostates that I saw were screaming and waving crosses. That is the wrong way to get a message across. I think that apostates should not even bother giving them ammunition by going there, IMO.

The "security" team, LOL would always have horror stories and say that people were going to throw dye in the baptismal pool, LOL! If that was true, then I think that the "apostaes" who thought of that should have had they're privleges removed, and been re-disfellowshipped and DF'd from the apostate community, LOL!

• Valis
    Valis

You know I always wanted to climb way up in the rafters of Wil Rodgers Colliseum....can you imagine if a bunch of leaflets fell down from above? *LOL* bwahaha

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Picketting, I don't know if it was effectual or not. But there are other options. For example in large cities, billboards could be leased relatively cheaply on motorways and highways on the path to the convention site. A few simple slogans and questions with referrals (specifically the ones cyber-sista said and maybe BLOOD FRACTIONS: WHAT JW's DONT TELL YOU WWW.AJWRB.ORG could really stir up talk among the late night hotel groups, and even if it did not, then it would at least open a few eyes. The society might keep most JW's off of "apostate" sites, but they can't keep their eyes off the road.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

At one convention I attended, someone was passing out tracts questioning the JW belief in a re-creation rather than a resurrection. Wish I could get my hands on it again. It was one of the best anti-Witness tracts I ever read, but I don't recall by whom. I left the Witnesses in 1966 and this was way before then. Gosh, that's a long time ago.

• integ
    integ

XJW-----That is an EXCELLENT IDEA. One of the best I've heard.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Billboards are one of the cheapest forms of advertisement in terms of viewers/$

For instance in a crowded metropolitan area like Atlanta, Billboards go at a 3 month lease for $4000 (or somewhat less for a rotating billboard). The number of viewers a billboard sees in an area like that will literally be in the millions over a three month period. The main thing is that the billboard has to be easilly viewable, eye attracting, and have a quick-to-remember website. Billboards that you would have to slow down and peer at to read have no effect.

www.lamar.com owns a lot of billboards. Clear Channel is another big one.

The ultimate, of course, would be to somehow get access to place a poster in one of the venues themselves. The rank and file would have to wonder HOW Jehovah could let that happen.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    One of those huge billboards outside of the assembly location.

I have long believed that this is the best way to get the "real truth" across to people.Trying to give out hand bills is so 1950"s.

When you think about it how many dubs would have the nerve to accept a hand out in public in front of their peer group.

What if an elder...gasp...from your congregation should see you. The pressure is on them.

However a billboard or even a placard worn with a short question and a link could do a lot more good.

No one is sitting behind them as they check out the real truth in the privacy of their own home.

The youth and new ones would be most likely to go online to check things out.If many of those question and then leave because of what they find the WT will wither up and die on the vine.Without new converts they are dead and gone.It can happen.

"The truth about the truth"

WWW.FREEMINDS.ORG

POZ.

• kj
    kj

I think the billboard idea is awesome. If anyone ever wanted to start a fund to buy space on a billboard for those kinds of questions, I'd be the first to contribute!

kj

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Have you seen the anti-Walmart campaign? I think the bill board says something like "If only you knew the truth" and then the link www.walmartwatch.com It is so damn perfect it's too bad we couldn't steal it! "If only you knew the truth about "the truth" www.towerwatch.com

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit